• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stretch44875 Saved My Bacon

captain-crank

I would like to thank Dennis for helping me out last Monday night.

Driving a newly purchased (used) plow truck from Pa to Mn I was stopping to pick some stuff up from him.

Didn't quite make it.

Got to within maybe 10 to 15 miles of his house and the truck crapped out.
He came and got me started and made sure the truck and I got to someplace civilized where I could deal with my mechanical issues.
(It's really dark at night at some places of Ohio:shock:)

Dennis, thought I'd let you know after removing all the belt debris and checking things out, I decided to keep on driving through the night and see what happened.
Other than that goofy noise everything else seemed OK.
I am guessing there might have been a wad of belt jammed in that pulley housing that may have killed the engine when I pulled over.
If you drive by the scene, see if there's any belt gobs laying in the road where you pull started me.
It has me puzzled since it's started fine ever since.
That mystery noise? Turns out you were right..... that lower wet kit pulley had a bearing in it that was failing.
Probably good the idler seized up and vaporized the belts before that bearing went completely and grenaded it's housing.
Made it to Chicago where a couple of good ol' Mississippi boys removed the whole assembly and I continued on with no more problems.

Thanks again, I really appreciated your help. It's good to be home.:beer:

John

PS: Tell your State Patrol I think they are a**holes. ;-)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won't be the one to tell the highway patrol anything!

Glad you made it ok. Contray to what it sounds like, he has a very nice plow truck. I'm just glad the truck pull started ok and you make it home. Was a little worried about it starting if you turned it off.

Dennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks