• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need assistance - throttle

rango

ok so i got my customers mule back together, installed, new short brake and clutch cables, as well as a new throttle cable (pedal back), im having a heck of a time getting this thing to idle right, and when i drive it, it will lose power, the clutch isnt slipping, rather the engine doesn't rev up even with the pedal pressed, but then ya give it a second and it will catch up

any ideas? i have calls into bill and chuck, but im still waiting to hear back from them

Charlie

Check the linkage between the governor and the carb, may need to adjust it. If you get it too long, the engine will surge, if you get it too short, the engine will lag behind. Also check the timing per Bill's instructions on his web site.

Charlie

Also consider using the one-tooth ofset timing method for the magneto as shown on Bill's web site, We have been using that for a few years now on the mules we build and it really makes a difference on the engine response and power.

rango

thanks chuck, your help with the clutch was very helpful, he has since picked it up and is going to bring it back after i am in my new lz

i took the gov off while i still had it and check its functionality, and it seems to be in good shape, i planned on retiming it as well

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks