• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

inspection for deuce in ny

recon

I'm getting closer to getting my deuce. When I get it inspected, here in ny, am I correct to assume a front wheel and hub will have to be removed to check the brakes ? Will I need to install a backup light to pass?

recon
Dutchess county, ny

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Recon,

The wheel removal requirement is to check for brake lining thickness.With cars(disk brakes) the thickness can be checked with the wheel on.The M35A2 drums all have an inspection hole.My inspector did not bother.I would have preferred ,and asked for,a complete thorough inspection(New York).

I added a backup light.I used an old clear lensed something laying around.Came of the back of a junk car .Replaced the bulb w/24V .Bolted to rear mud flap bracket ,tapped into the BO marker wire at rear(4" away).Told inspector where the switch was on the dash,and how to use it.He said"show me" and I did .Planned to make it a vise grip mount but it says.It is handy hooking up the trailer at night.

I added a license plate light.

You are supposed to have 3 lights in the middle(back) because of the 8' width.My inspector said didn't care.

JimK

FV624
M35A2
M706

The Three Stooges

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dutchess, Send me a PM. If you dont mind coming over the bridge, I know of a place that can inspect it for you... Same place that did my humvee.. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks