• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation Credible Sport

98taco3

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKCl3lfAx1Q&feature=related[/media]

This was brought in the libyan c130 thread but i found video of this thing actually flying. Pretty neat! It is to bad that the aircraft crashed, it would have made a heck of a story to rescue the iran hostages with it especially after desert one!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I want to recommend a book since this has come up (the main thrust of the video above being the Iranian hostage rescue attempt).

My Mom is a librarian and instilled a love of reading in both my Sister and I and I have read a ton of books about all sorts of subjects, from business law to politics, sociology, etc.

One of the few books that is as good as "A Bridge Too Far" and "The Longest Day" is "The Guts To Try" by Col. James Kyle.

Here is a link to the Amazon description of the book:

Amazon.com: The Guts to Try: The Untold Story of the Iran Hostage Rescue Mission by the On-Scene Desert Commander (9780345446954): Col. James H. Kyle, John Robert Eidson: Books

It is absolutely amazing. Your opinion of the Hostage Rescue mission will likely change after reading this. It is just an astounding story of what Americans are capable of when the situation calls for it.

Wait till you get to the part where they land a C-130 in a field in pitch darkness with no landing lights.

98taco3

I want to recommend a book since this has come up (the main thrust of the video above being the Iranian hostage rescue attempt).

My Mom is a librarian and instilled a love of reading in both my Sister and I and I have read a ton of books about all sorts of subjects, from business law to politics, sociology, etc.

One of the few books that is as good as "A Bridge Too Far" and "The Longest Day" is "The Guts To Try" by Col. James Kyle.

Here is a link to the Amazon description of the book:

Amazon.com: The Guts to Try: The Untold Story of the Iran Hostage Rescue Mission by the On-Scene Desert Commander (9780345446954): Col. James H. Kyle, John Robert Eidson: Books

It is absolutely amazing. Your opinion of the Hostage Rescue mission will likely change after reading this. It is just an astounding story of what Americans are capable of when the situation calls for it.

Wait till you get to the part where they land a C-130 in a field in pitch darkness with no landing lights.
Absolutely! I read that book a few years back and couldnt put it down. Ill second the recommendation, worth every second to read it.

usmctopgun

They actually built 2 of those, that one of course was destroyed. The other one is intact on display at the Air Museum @ Robins Air Force Base, GA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks