• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A complete build from the frame up.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, you'll be tricking alot of us with the misplacement of this thread.

I would suggest, however, for the integrity of the SteelSoldiers website, that this thread be moved appropriately to the MODELING FORUM. Models & Scale Replica's - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

I personally would like to follow this build. It should be in the correct forum though. 2cents

JCKnife

I honestly didn't realize we had one (although, yes, I did know someone would give me grief about it).
If a mod would like to move it that would be fine with me. :beer:

Last edited:

JCKnife

Made some fair progress but...

The wheels are not glued on yet
The bed is not secured to the frame yet
Everything needs painted before going further...and it's too cold to paint today.

Also pictured: my airbrush compression tank :p
(Tank is from an M200A1 trailer, with quick-connect fill nipple, pressure gauge and regulator)

Attachments

Last edited:

JCKnife

I got a lot more done today than I would have hoped for.

This is my 2nd model as an adult. When I was 11-13 I did a few of them, but always just glued and decaled, never painted before.

I turned 41 today. :p

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
H A P P Y
B I R T H D A Y
:beer:

(Today would have been my mother's 81st B-day too.)

I like your Air Brush Rig. You're doing a good job, too!

You're working pretty FAST - Looks like your troops are falling to pieces - Time for some R&R for them.

That one doesn't need a M*A*S*H Medic, he just needs one of those 5 uA Welders - :mrgreen:

Carry on, SteelSoldier !

JCKnife

I'm making a change...the kit came with the 5 bows as one piece (see pic) but I have cut them apart and I'm considering gluing them in the upright position and putting on an actual cloth cargo cover. Of course if I do that I have to do it for the cab as well. I'll get a pic up of some cloth my wife gave me...

Attachments

JCKnife

Here's the latest. As stated above I've gone off-script with the bows. They were originally one piece all formed together and I've cut them apart, shortened them and installed them (well, 3 out of 5 anyway). For parts that were never meant to be used, I think they are turning out pretty good...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks