• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xm818a2ww repower

ODdave

looks like jakes?

dave if you dont mind shareing what did you pay for the engine? i had an offer on mine (big cam formula) and dont know what to tell him. thanks.

dozer1

I had considered doing something like this too. Then just went with a rebuilding of the 250. This will be great to watch. Got plans for modding the hood yet?

In your first picture, what is the black and green part on the top left side of engine? TIA Wayne
Wayne,
the guys are rite. the green thing is one of the Jakes.
they have been removed and installed on the 350.
while doing so it was discovered that one of the rocker boxes had a crack in it.
no wonder i couldnt stop that little oil leak that i thought was a bad gasket.

ODdave

what eng do you have? around here the BC 4's bring between $2000--3500.
thats for one with 500,000 miles and in good condition.
315hp formula. I dont know what the bc4 means, could you explain? i the miles are higher than that but i dont know how high (havent looked at the odometer yet :doh:) Drove it 40 mi home this sat. and it ran fine starts great for the temps out too. Guy offered me 500-750 for it over the phone.

I have modded this truck a bit already so the latest phase is a bit drastic. t-case delete, front axle will be gutted and will only serve as a steer axle now.

nothing has been destroyed so if I or someone else gets the thought to put it back it can be done.

the front mount is totaly different than the 250.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The 855 has two types of front motor mounts, one is with the snout like the 809s, the other is the one with out the snout like pic #1, it is just a matter of changing the front gear cover

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 855 has two types of front motor mounts, one is with the snout like the 809s, the other is the one with out the snout like pic #1, it is just a matter of changing the front gear cover

I do believe the harmonic bal is bigger and you must cut/mod the mount to fit the 800 series

Last edited:
I do believe the harmonic bal is bigger and you must cut/mod the mount to fit the 800 series
the harmonic bal on the 350 has a double pully on the back side of it so the saddle type mount wont clear the pullys.

we are building a new front mount and crossmember.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok thanks if you get a chance take a pic. I have two 916's that have a bolt in front motor mount and I might try and mod it and I have the HI tractor that had the 240 fourmla that has a bolt in front mount to. I might try this first.
Was thinking the 400 BC in the 816 and the 240 in a bober.

Last edited:

AndrewH

Dave, I thought you said you were going to put in that little 52,000 HP rice eating four cylinder turbo n.o.s.fueled monster you had build for this truck?!?! :p AH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks