• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Polk Pickup - Appt. Needed?

EuclidJr

I have two M101A2's to pick up at Fort Polk (The EUC, my first, cleared yesterday at just about two weeks!). I got a recording saying they do pickups Tues-Thurs. - do I need an appointment, or can I just show up and wait during the designated pick up hours? I left a message yesterday with my event/lot and contact info, but have not heard back.

The invoice says load by appointment only, but the voicemail message left me wondering if the actual practice was different at Fort Polk.

txdodge43man

Same here I got my EUC yestarday and plan to go pick up my two M101's next week if they call me back. Ive never been to fort Polk need to find out what paper work in need to bring to get on base.

3dAngus

Yes, you need an appointment. They usually call back the next morning. Not sure why they didn't in your case.

Always call, and if you don't get through, call again.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to enter the base from the commercial vehicle gate. Make sure you Google maps the area and bring printouts, because the base is very confusing. Also be sure to have the GL phone number with you in case base security asks about your appointment. The GL reps there are Linda and Maxine, both really great!

For the last couple of years, I have had to enter through the truck entrance which is at the North Gate, off of LA Hwy. 28. I don't think that has changed. When I originally started going 3-4 years ago, it was the Main (or west) Gate, but it is now the North Gate.

LC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks