• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going price for m38a1 in good shape

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Corrosion in the floors and hat channels
Damage to the tub in the rear...... around the taillights.
Frequently, people cut tailgates into A1's. Fair amount of work to undo.
Correct YS950 carbs aren't cheap and are frequently missing
Battery boxes frequently rust out
Correct ignition stuff is missing about 50% of the time.

Amer-team

If you do not know the person that is selling and their maintenance habits, plan on brakes, bearings, transmission, and transfer case rebuild and if the price is still fair to include rebuilding those items, go for it. Mine is an original 1953 with about 3 coats of military paint and 13,000 miles. I like the original patina and have no thougts of restoring it. What sort of body work and paint has been done and what will you have to do to it. Does it need tires? Batteries? Radiator rebuild? Is it still 24 V?

One real advantage is that you can tuck a jeep into almost any part of the garage. Can't say that about a 5T.

southdave

it was Carced up about 5yrs ago, a fresh engine with spares to boot truck came out of fire house and was restored to orginial m38 he removed all the stainless hose reels ect.. I will post pic this weekend it was raining when I looked at it so..

Amer-team

Sounds like a nice starter rig. I have about 7500 in an M38 and it still needs tires, wiring harness, and final body work and paint.
But it will be nice for the next 50 years when it is done.

emr

with out a vehicle to see this is hard , but why not..... they can cost from 500 bucks that does not run and has alot of good parts to 12,000 in perfect shape... :) over 12 is silly, but I have seen perfect ones for sale for that , and hey it will cost that much in the end to do a real resto anyway.............. Good luck........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks