• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lighting problem on M813

texas-5-ton

I am new at this so I need some help. Our F.D is in the process of getting a 5 ton cargo truck. The truck does not have batteries on it now but it will jump and run. My question is... Does the batteries have to be on the truck for the lights to work?? We tried all of the selections on the switch but no lights. No brake lights,no black-out lights and no turn signals. Also noticed that the fuel guage was not responding. What do y'all think the prob is ???

Thanks
Chad

Blythewoodjoe

Doesn't the M813 have a solenoid for the fuel shut off? We tried to pull start ours and it wouldn't run until we hooked up out John Deere excavator and some booster cables to the truck. The 24 volt excavator was driven at top speed next to the truck and the truck was cranked with the transmission in low gear. With out the cables the fuel shut off was closed and wouldn't provide fuel to the injector pump. My brother tried to pull the truck around for about 15 minutes until I arrived and found the solenoid on the pump. All of our older trucks have manual fuel shut offs.

You may want to check the volt meter on the dash. If it reads in the good zone, your lights should work. There are also two "on" switches on our truck. Not sure how they work but I bet they both have to be switch on.

Good luck,
Joe Trapp

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to Steel Soldiers, Joe. :D :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks