• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman at Redstone

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am out of school this week for spring break and since I have no urge to hang out with the party crowd at some tropical paradise me and Elmo are going up to Redstone Thursday to check out some stuff.

If you need something previewed or picked up I will try to help out. If I do a recovery I will cut my usual fee a little since I am going anyway.

PM for details.

Alredneck

Banned
WM, me and my Dad have a appointment up there at 11:00 to pick up some engines we bought.
If youre still around will catch up with you and maybe grab us some lunch, my turn, weight you out rank me! LOL! We will be in pops truck since I still without a running truck ( well they run but no radiators ).

Went by the storage yard today and found out the no good Memphians liberated my 17.5k winch off my big trailer and cut my headache rack all up!. Im seriously thinking about coming out of retirement and making some folks pushup tulips!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well....the mission was successful.....I previewed one item for Mack123, picked up three trailers for two other members, met up with ALREDNECK and his Pop and had a fairly good trip (Gen is bad on the M275 so batteries were dead by the end of the trip). Mr. Murphy must have been otherwise engaged.

I also introduced Elmo to Teresa (Redstone GL goddess and all around good lady). Her and Elmo hit it off right away......he was actually the first possum to visit up there.

The little M275 was a trooper but there were some hard pulls coming back.....I had been having water leakage but it was managable...I had to add a gallon of water. It definatly needs an LDS in place of the N/A multi. The double trailers pulled like a dream.

Here are some pics for everyone to enjoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gen is bad on the M275 so batteries were dead by the end of the trip). Mr. Murphy must have been otherwise engaged.
I also introduced Elmo to Teresa (Redstone GL goddess and all around good lady). Her and Elmo hit it off right away......he was actually the first possum to visit up there.
The little M275 was a trooper but there were some hard pulls coming back.....I had been having water leakage but it was managable...I had to add a gallon of water. It definatly needs an LDS in place of the N/A multi. The double trailers pulled like a dream.
Tell ya what...I'll give ya 1500 bucks for that rust bucket.
Then ya don't gotta worry anymore!:beer:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Papabear I hate to snatch a sale from you but I already offered him more than that for the Deuce tractor.
PB is a cheap date.....well...except when CAMO is putting on a feed....then he goes all out.

Elmo says "no sale" on the M275......he likes riding around in it.

beautiful truck WM but it needs some paint! and what do you have your seats mounted on springer bases?
It is a solid little tractor......I rescued it from a fate worse than death as a log truck.

My plan is to repower it with a LDS and put 1100x20's on it. Then it will pull my van trailer to the GA Rally.

I have a Viet Nam era paint that will be applied as soon as all the mechanical stuff is taken care of.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Best.

picture.

EVER.

rofl

I would love to have seen the reaction of anyone who saw you taking this.... "Ummmm.... hey Bob, what do you think that guy is doing? Is that a possum?"

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mission accoplished. Well done, soldier(s) :!: Is Elmo considered "Soldier B" or Is he the Unit Mascot :?: In either case, ya'll make a great team.

I'm imagining some double-takes and interested stares :shock: by other drivers seeing that little trailer tailgating you. Didn't you say there was a Trailer #3? Inside the box maybe?

Thanks for posting this up.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
[I would love to have seen the reaction of anyone who saw you taking this.... "Ummmm.... hey Bob, what do you think that guy is doing? Is that a possum?" /QUOTE]

Actually while I was posing for the pic another GL employee went into the office and told Teresa that someone outside "had a little furry ainimal" out by the sign.....she came out and asked me about it....I went back to the truck and brought Elmo out to meet her. Any thoughts she previously had about my sanity were put to rest. :cookoo:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Elmo is my little buddy.......I would only eat him as a last resort.

Which reminds me of a story....one time I was out in the country and I stopped at a farm to ask directions (I said it was a story).

As I went up to the porch I noticed a pig with three peg legs hobbling aound the yard.

I knocked on the door and an old farmer came out.

He gave me the directions I asked about but before I left I asked him about that pig.

He said "well that's old Wilber.....one time I turned the tractor over on me and Wilber ran all the way back to the house and got help. Then one day the barn caught fire and Wilber ran way out in the Back Fourty and got me.....I made it back in time to put out the fire. Then one time I was hunting way out in the woods and accidently shot myself in the leg....Wilber ran back and got my wife and I was saved again."

I listened to all this but I had to ask......"What does that have to do with the pig having three peg legs?"

He said, "Son.......you just don't eat a pig that special in one sitting".

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks