• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Riley pickup

kstate90

I purchased a M871 trailer on GL. I got the EUC approved and the paid invoice. It only took a week which surprised me as I thought it would take longer by some of the posts I saw on here. I need to go pick it up next week and wondered what I needed besides the the Paid invoice and current information on me and my trucks. I plan on taking my pickup with some tools in case I need to fix something. The gal said to take the 12th street exit. She rattled the directions off so fast I could hardly understand her. She assumed I knew where the entrance was. I have been on Fort Riley before but never down there. I was always up on Custer Hill and through Old post. Thanks. This is the first time doing this and I am a little nervous.

91W350

You will need your driver's license, they no longer require insurance or registration. The easiest way is to take the 18 exit off of I 70 and go north. There is an Interstate like exit ramp that is marked Commercial Delivery or similar. Drive up to the guard shack and stop, they will come out and check your driver's license. No paper pass required anymore. The first street you come to is a dead end, the second street will take you north, go to the stop sign and turn right. That street dead ends at the Government Liquidation lot. It will be on the east side of the street, on the north side of the intersection. If you would like company and plan to go Tuesday or Wednesday, let me know. If your M871 is needing anything, I still have one that has not been crushed yet. Glen

kstate90

Friend is driving my semi. I am taking my pickup with toolbox and stuff in case I need to fix something or air a tire up. Friend is taking semi and trailer back home and I am going on to work. At least that is the plan.

kstate90

I picked up my trailer today. Everything went good. Thanks Glenn for the directions. I missed the first street you told me to turn on but found it anyway. I got to see more stuff on the second street. There is alot of "stuff" there to see. The GL employees were very accomodating. Now I just need to get the SF97 so I can get the title.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks