• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much paint for M1009?

BKinzey

I'm going to be painting the exterior body of my M1009 and I have no idea How much paint to get. Hopefully a gallon will be more than enough? So a gallon of primer & a gallon of paint?

Thanks

Armada

Definately get 2 gals primer, and 2 of color if you're doing in and out. Depending on the kind of job you want, you'll want to prime, block sand, prime again, and 2 coats of paint. You'll have enough to do inside of top, under hood, front and backside of bumpers, everything. What kind of paint are you using? I can only comment on Gillespie 24087. I would recommend using hardener with it, if that's what you're using.

BKinzey

It's just the exterior body. I have other plans for the frame, undercarriage, and interior.

How about the cap? Since it's fiberglass do I need to primer it as well?

As to the paint itself I'm not sure but I do plan to stay away from CARC as I've read about exposure & enviromental concerns. Since this will be my first attempt of painting with more than a rattle can I should stick to basics. Of course I will be using a mask, gloves & protective clothing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks