• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where can i find break parts

jgiangiacomo

i have what i think is a 1943 dodge Ambulance. and what i need is all the ruber for my breaks metal is still i rebuildable condition. where and a get wheel cylinder and master cylinder kits as well as new ruber flex break lines ?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wheel cylinders and master cylinder you may have to mic the bore and match the rubbers to something newer

A

A/C Cages

We had one here at my shop last year. We actually found all are (brake) parts thru NAPA.
It was matched up to a typical 1 ton Dodge series truck.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If not thru NAPA, check with Midwest Military or VintagePowerWagons, both have great websites.
I was just getting ready to type the same 2 sources. Between the two, you will find everything you need for it.

Rthomas

If you can find the part new or nos they should be better than rebuilding the part. I have heard that the cast pits bad and you can never get a good seal again

A

A/C Cages

We got lucky with ours. It was only the rubber seals that went bad on them and NAPA had them in stock just down the street from us.

WolfWalking

One solution to master cylinders that I became aware of is having your original master cylinder sleeved. I have found two places that will sleeve it with a stainless steel sleeve, for the price of a newer complete MS. If you want to retain the original look, and have a MS that will last lots longer with no pitting, check into having it sleeved.

BrakeCylinder.com--Cylinder Sleeving Prices

Here's one, do a google for more.

:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks