• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two small projects completed

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Your front pintle is pretty clever-giving you a place to hang chains just like a rear hitch.....

Armada

Nice work! I like the heavy duty pintle. I'd like to get my intake pointed up too. When snow piles up on the fender it plugs it. You'll be able to drive underwater in stealth mode!

ojsdna744

Re: RE: Two small projects completed

clinto said:
Your front pintle is pretty clever-giving you a place to hang chains just like a rear hitch.....
I also like the front pintle idea. I think that will be just the ticket for backing my 105 into the back yard when the cargo cover or shelter are on the duece! Without the covers I'm good at backing that shortie into the yard, but I have a tough time when I can't see it!

Sweet!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Two small projects completed

On the front pintle, I like the bottom plate with the provision for safetly chains and the hole for a future trailer wiring plug. Once this is complete you can push your trailer to Home Depot for supplies.

Boatcarpenter

Kenny, I had a feeling that you might have a comment about the hole for the trailer plug but I left it so I would get the most reinforcing value of the bracket. The safety chain loops have already been handy for hooking chains into when wrapped around the bumper for storage. Maybe if I get really good at " backing" trailers driving forward I can start a new event at the local fair!!

rmgill

yeah but then he'd have to rig headlights up on the trailer and change the red composite lights out for amber ones! ;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

While at Gravelrama we borrowed a logsplitter from the host club. One of there members went to fetch it with his EZGO workhorse. We challenged him to push it up to our campsite with the hitch on the front of the EZGO. 5 minutes later he comes drving up there pushing the trailer. Got a good laugh from that one!

Boatcarpenter

Hey Bigbee, way easier than I thought it would be. Used a Hole Hawg for low rpm and a new Milwaukee hole saw with the pilot bit removed because I had the bracket clamped on for a guide. Got the hole started a little and then drilled 4 or 5 1/8 relief holes evenly spaced around the groove, used plenty of cutting oil and was done so fast I don't really remember. The whole process took probably 15 min.
Go for it!!
BC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks