• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin information/dates/attendance

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post up when your are going, how many people, and what vehicles. Other thread is for BS'ing.

No catering of food this year.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/56312-2011-haspin-bs-t-shirt-thread.html

Dates are Wednesday through Sunday, June 8-12th.

Prices for the park are 14 dollars a day. Most times we are not charged for Wednesday night. That is with discount. Just mention steelsoldiers, or army truck gathering. Be sure to ask for a park map when checking in. Military veterans get additional discount.

Haspin is about 800 acres. Ride anywhere but campground. No electricity or water in campground. One set of restrooms and showers, about 1/8th mile from campground, and they can be very muddy. Water is available at office, and beside drag strip. Can camp in woods or campground. Link to Haspin

Haspin Acres | Off-Road & Motocross Park in Laurel, Indiana

We really don't have a schedule, this is just a rough idea of what happens.

Possible night ride on any date.

Wednesday, June 8
Set up day.

Thursday, June 9
9:00am Breakfast
10:00am Trail ride(for early birds)
1:00pm Lunch
2:00pm Trail ride
6:00pm Supper

Friday, June 10
2:00pm Mud bog

Saturday, June 11
2:00pm Drag races

Sunday
Pack and leave

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tentatively, I will be going, arriving Wed. night and departing Sunday morning. I will need food for the entire time. Just me, no other passengers. Not sure if I will be in a MV or if I will drive the civvy vehicle there and ride with someone else. My back got really messed up in past years driving 16-17 hours one way in the deuce. Either I need to get a more comfortable MV for the ride there, or tow one there, or just ride shotgun with another rally goer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:jumpin:

I'm in. . . .
Wednesday to Sunday.
Food yes
I don't know what truck(s) yet. Tentatively, M51 and M342A2, Maybe M35A2 if I have another driver.
Are ya sure Jeff?

I'll be on vacation.......with my wife and kids! Kids love MVs, wife hates em. Guess we'll go to Busch Gardens. :(

augiedoggy

Haspin !!

I'll freakin' be there if have to walk!! Or ride with Gimp :shock:

Aiming for friday morning if not friday evening for certain. I get pretty hungry too! :beer:

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The southern convoy should be arriving Wed afternoon and I'll be with it.

Me and wife, both need food for the week.

M109
Xm818 of death
m967 tanker of fuel
m37
MKST-75a1

Not sure how all of that is getting there, but that's what we got and want to bring.

Is it Haspin time yet? :jumpin::driver::drool:[thumbzup]:cookoo::grin::cool::mrgreen:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there with my wife. Will need food. I plan to camp, someplace level. I am driving the "Long Easy" M814. I will be with Ferro, god help us...................:driver:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose we can put the fuel tanker in the bed of the 814, along with the M37. That means all you will have to do is haul your sorry carcass over Saluda Mtn in that rough riding, slow ass 818. :mrgreen:

AMGeneral

Well,seeing what fuel prices are doing,and given I sold the 915A1 recently,as of right now I probably will not be there, working on too many projects,not any spare cash and nothing to drive up there.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well,seeing what fuel prices are doing,and given I sold the 915A1 recently,as of right now I probably will not be there, working on too many projects,not any spare cash and nothing to drive up there.
Take Oddball and jump in behind Ferro's portable fuel depot when he goes by! LOL

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could always ride along with another rally-goer. I'm sure there is a passenger seat that another person wouldn't mind loaning to your a$$.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I could grace the rally with my presence this year.

My current plan is to show up sometime Thursday with the Thompson clan. I'll have the deuce. I need to know if there will be a need for it, and that we have a more centrally located spot for it before I drag the genny along. Maybe Cabell has a need for more power for freezers or something like that. Keep in mind that it is an 003a, so it's not super quiet, but it is reliable. Also, if Lane gets my lights to Findlay in May, I might be able to bring a light tower or two along if anybody wants compound lighting.

Edit: Almost forgot, I'll be buying food for the whole time as well...plan a good menu for us!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In referernce to a light tower. There was one @ the Fl rally. Upon arrival I thought it was stupid. Ended up being pretty nice. Got some great night pics with it.

kipman

My count, oldgrunt, HD Expert, Pat, Speedom,Tactical 6, myself, so at least 6 in our convoy, no food for Brett, Buff, Pat or myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks