• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did the AH1 Cobras on GSA go for?

linx310

GSA had 4 AH1 Cobras up for auction and last I looked on Thurs. They were around 4k when I last looked.

The auction ended yesterday. They would have made an awesome display to trailer around.

Any one here get them?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barrman,

You have enough scrap metal laying around to buy at least two or three of them...:wink:

All for sold today.......

1-$56,000
2-$51,475
3-$50,500
4-$42,750

On GSA you can lookup closed auctions.......If you know how.....:-D

I don't know if they where the same ones, but four sold in Dec 2010 for around $18,000 each. Same location.

Last edited:

toomanytools

I looked at them when bidding was open, and desciption said they were parted out. I'm sure this means engines, trans, electronics, etc.? Seriously, what value would they be at $50,000.00? Cool display at a theme park or something, but are they worth that?

stampy

I would expect that 50k is actually reasonable even for a helo shell. I have seen wrecked ones go for 25K + just for components in them. I am not sure how much an engine would cost or all the particulars in getting them airworthy but I'd be willing to bet that when airworthy they could fetch well over $250K.

flyxpl

My guess is they will be display only . I would amagine the regular guy would not be given access to the parts needed to get one of these birds flying again .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks