• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M37 model current manufacturer

DAP

Does anybody make a plastic model of the M37 for assembly. I know there used to be a paper one and and premade $250+ one that is no longer available. Anybody know of anything or any plans?

WarrenD

Nothing on any front. I have heard rumors for years that AFV Club had picked up some old molds but nothing has even hit the rumor mill at this point. It certainly is a gap that could be filled, and more so now with the growing interest in the Vietnam war.

Wolf.Dose

M37 series is not availlable. Seems not interesting enough for the manuafactures. The rumors of AFV were about the former Tomy molds, which later landed at Airfix, now at Italerie. And they still stay there, sometimes they make some thousand models for the world as a remake. Also M-series Trucks are relatively reare on the market. The oldest is the M34 form Monogram, now at Revel Germany, as well as the former Renwal blue print models, now as History Maker from Revell Germany (M62, Hawk Missiles, M55 Howitzer, Nike Ajax rocket and some more). Those not coming up any more are on the ground of the Atlantic Ocean some miles from Lisboa.
Wolf
Plastic modelling since more than 40 years.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
LOOK on epay, if some old models are out there, it will show up, besides the US epay, look at the UK and the German epay also, I have found some real rare models there

robert c neth

Banned
model m37

my first attemt at an m37,built it by eye about 1/35th scale next one hopefully will be better.been at this for 50 years also included one of my display cases.ihave may scratch built models and kits will do some more photos here soon.looks like some pretty good model builders on here!!!!!!!!

Attachments

DAP

Wow nice looking M37 and other models. So obviously you don't make plastic pieces from scratch? or do you? How did you build it from scratch? Please give more details.

robert c neth

Banned
i have many scratchbuilt models and lots of kitmodels also.the m37 was built from a testors weapons carrier.the axles were modified a bit the front fenders are reshaped testors items.the hood and rad were sanded and shaped to m37 style.rear of cab and doors are from a monogram deuce.cab rear needs to be widend a bit.bed is cut down monogram 37 ford.bows and other parts are scratch built or from parts box.dash and some other parts were modified to m37 lookalikes.tires and rims are modified italearie cckw items.give it a try it was a fun build.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks