• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ear plugs??

spicergear

Let me tell ya, I got a pair of really nice ear plugs that I can roll up and stick into my ears until they touch my brain!!! HA-HAAAA!!! Instead of driving a squeaking, metal rattling, vibrating, owner built LOUD piped, non insulated, built by low bidder to be blown up, military truck...I'm driving a sweet machine!!! Man what a great ride to the mill and back tonight! I enjoyed every minute!!! My ears didn't bleed when I hit the governor and I didn't think I *heard* a new noise or something like that.

Ear Plugs: Two thumbs WAY UP!!!

On another note, I put a plug on my cord for my CAT's block heater that had been smashed in shipping. It's funny. Plug that thing in for a while and it's on the driver's side bank of the engine. Hit the starter and that bank fires right up and hardly smokes while you can tell its basically carrying the other bank that is stone cold and smoking, no...billowing white until she warms up and smoothes out a little.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Earplugs can be a lifesaver. I have a bag of disposables in the glove box. FOr a while I had a VIC-1 in the truck but the H161 headsets were too hot & sweaty here in FL. Next I'm going to get a pair of the 49MHZ wireless headests. These can be used as intercoms and to talk back & forth to the next vehicle in formation. Worth a try!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
VIC-1 stuff is out of armor and by the time you get all teh stuff about $250. Its all 28 volt and waterproof. I'll give more info later, gotta go!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks