• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need help with my burma jeep project

jzimm999

It might be easier to find a new frame as the brackets that you need are riveted to the frame. I have a spare frame, but it's in Minnesota

jzimm999

Do a Google search for "Tom wolboldt gtb block numbers" and follow the first link.

Tom does research at the Ford archives and may be able to tell you the build date and location if you can provide pictures of the frame and or engine number. Your trucks military history will be very difficult to find as there are no records for that.

jzimm999

You can make anything "fit" if you really want. What are your plans for this truck? Do you want to restore it? or just get it running again. If you just want to get it running and have a little fun with it, it might be easier to fabricate a frame form scratch.

jzimm999

I think your best bet is to find another truck or two with the parts you are missing. If you are going to keep it original, you need a lot of parts. Check Craigslist, Ebay etc. There are still a lot of GTB's out there, but most are missing quite a few parts. It will take several trucks to get enough pieces for one. I'd also suggest you get the parts manual so you know what you're looking for. Portrayal Press makes copies.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another thing you might want to try if you're restoring it is get involved with one of the local clubs (Alamo MVPA or Lone Star MVPA). It's amazing how much knowledge and spare parts are circulating around a group of guys that live and breathe MVs

Lone Star MVPA - Welcome!

http://www.alamomvpa.org/

Of the two, Lone Star is the larger club with regular monthly meetings but is located in Austin. Alamo meets Quarterly but is in San Antonio so would be a bit closer.

MC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks