• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Drum - Kevin

jthom61

I have seen many posts where the writer has mentioned that Kevin at Ft. Drum was very helpful, and that I would have to agree with (after you get past his disrespectful manner). However, that being said, he has to be the worst customer service representative I have ever dealt with. He is rude, arrogent, and down right disrespectful. If this is the quality of people that Government Liquidation has in their company, the Feds need to rethink what they are paying for.

camp9

I've only called there once and asked about a 5ton dump, don't know who I talked to, but sounds like the same guy. All I wanted to know is there anyone one there to help load or do I need to hire someone to come in and help. His comment was "can't you read the description"? Thought maybe he was having a bad day.

jthom61

That is probably the normal response. When I was picking up a trailer a while back and was waiting to sign my paperwork, all I heard was swearing and cursing about this and that. If you want a good show, buy at Drum or better yet, call up and ask a question.

ryan77

Well thats great to know i was eye balling a few items there i wont be bidding now i deal with enough a holes at work!!!!!!!!!

Katahdin

Having picked up two trailers there I hear what you guys are saying, but once you get past the shock factor I think you'll find that's his personality and you don't need to take it personally.

I found showing up with my wife disarmed him a bit. My wife picked up on his accent he was from the Harrisburg, PA area. They hit it off pretty well and he was extremely helpful getting the M105A2 prepped for transport, helped me take down the sides, rig the signal lights, etc. When I went back for a M101A2 my wife made him cupcakes for me to take.

Oh yeah, when you schedule a load out appointment, ask him if your target time time is good for him, just don't tell him when you're coming. Let him be the Alpha dog when dealing with him and I'll think you'll be fine.

glenn

I have found Kevin to be a straight shooter and very helpful. We just picked up a trailer and a shipping container and he was great to deal with. We have purchased 6 or 7 different items from Drum, and Kevin has been fun to interact with each time. We have had trouble with "gl customizing" at other sites, but not at Drum, and that means a lot to us. He is not an "effete snob", and if you treat him like a real person you will find him to be a most decent guy. If you want someone to kiss your butt and sell your wife a $1200 dress, go to Bloomingdales!

Katahdin's thoguhts are a lot closer to mine, but I don't think I can pull off the cupcakes. I would most likely eat them before I got there.

He is a good guy just a little ruff around the edges and he is fun sometimes. Remember he is just saying what all the other GL employees are just thinking.

Instead of giving people the finger try to give them a thumbs up [thumbzup] it makes them feel stupid instead of pissed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks