• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cranetruck down, but not out, in Ventura, Ca

Well I finally got to meet Bjorn and the mighty Cranetruck. My wife and I ventured out to meet him at his in-laws house in Ventura and really had a great time talking to him and looking over his Deuce with ALL the work he has done to it. Wow.

But the reason I post this is that he is working on another small problem - will it ever cease?
His generator is beginning to sing - as in the bearings starting to go. He has a spare one at home but that is clear on the other side of the country.
Is there anyone between Ventura and Riverside (or close enough for a short hop) that may have a spare. The reason I ask this is that I will be going to Riverside via I-210 / I-60 on Friday and returning Sunday back to Ventura County. I can meet with you anywhere along the way or even as far as Moreno Valley or San Bernadino.

I will have intermittent internet access after I leave here Friday noon but Bjorn has my number and can contact me at anytime this weekend. I will be able to check this thread on Friday evening and Saturday morning.

Just trying to help out a fellow MV'er to get back home.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have a parade and a little show on Saturday A.M. You can take mine. Should be done by noon or 1 P.M. I' m in Monrovia, 210 at Myrtle, then a tad south. PM me or call, H-626-303-4557 Cel- 626-840- 1751, Work, 5A to 3P, 323-869-7401 ext 5 ask for Will, they'll get me on a radio.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've got one on my other truck about 45 minutes north in Neenach, Bjorns welcome to take that one, its the newer 60 amp. Only problem is I work 17 hrs tomorrow, then 14hrs on both Sat. and Sun. but can pull it off on Monday or you guys can venture up there and pull it yourselves this weekend. Send me a PM if interested. Devin

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gang, Bjorn has the old 25A generator with the external regulator not the 60A alternator. You need a wiring conversion kit to go with the 60A stuff. How far are you guys from Barstow or Hesperia. Walkers in Hesperia might have something but not sure on cost.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I suspect someone has already thought about this, but has Bjorn considered finding a local alternator shop, pull his off, start the truck on the battery, then turn the electrical system off, drive there, drop it off, then do the same to go back and pick it up?

He'd only have to use the batteries to get it started, although I guess he wouldn't have turn signals or brake lights.

If no one can get him a replacement.................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks