• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Power

deuce or die

I put a banks muffler on the deuce. Now it sounds like a cement truck and i can hear myself think. I might have the only deuce with banks exhaust. Or at least the only banks muffler painted O.D.

Desert Rat

Robert,
You asked for a pic of the muffler installation, I just wanted to clarify on which subject you were referring to since Ken and SG were apparently making references to a biological form instead of mechanical.........

deuce or die

I'd take a pic, but my girlfriend won't let me (with that muffler on her). I don't know how to get pictures onto the internet, or there would already be a picture of it here.

spicergear

Deuce or die, go to http://www.imageshack.us/. It's a free hosting service for photos. Click the browse then find the pic on you computer. Once you okay or host...or whatever it has there it will give you like six different links to use. Copy the first link listed then paste it into you text here. It will show up when you preview or submit. Image shack rocks!!! OH, do yourself a favor and start a Word document called Image shack pics and after you paste the link here, go to that word document and paste it there too. Then you'll have a list of all the different pics you posted. You can also go back to that word document and copy the link from there and paste it here again if needed down the road. Pretty easy stuff.

Elwenil

Actually it might be better to post up the "link to" URL address from Imageshack, considering our current image troubles on here. Just a thought. ;)

Dieselsmoke

I do like the sound of the new Banks mufflers, glad ya didn't leave it polished stainless, and whatever you do please don't put the polished tip on the stack :nono: :lol:

deuce or die

I didn't think of putting on a chrome tip, fortunately. Instead it has a tractor flap on top to draw my attention and give me something to watch. It seems to make the turbo spool up a lot quicker, but it is probably my imagination and the fact that I made the truck single wheel during the same week. Between the two mods, the truck will now go up the steep hills on the interstate in fifth, which before it would barely be able to stay in fourth going up them.

spicergear

Have you ever tried hitting the brakes to regulate speed then flat footing the gas to build up exhaust pressure?

This is a big stretch so bear with me. Yamaha had a turbo bike, SECA 600, small motor but did okay. Drive along with that thing and pull the brakes on and twist it full open for a few seconds then let off the brakes. The thing would really take off then as it built up exhaust pressure from the extra air in the motor and had the boost up. Don't know it that dumb trick will work on the diesel though.

Rattlehead

I am really interested in seeing pics of this install, thinking of adding one myself. Does it fit behind the guard, etc? Can you talk while on the highway?

I have thought about the VIC-1 intercom, but that is a lot of coin. Maybe if one put a straight through design muffler on it, and used rubber grommets to insulate the stack from its cab mount, a lot of noise could be taken out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks