• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gilbert PA Military Vehicle Rally Sept 21-24th, 2006

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going to this weekend's show in Gilbert, PA. For those of you unfamiliar with this show, it is at the fairgrounds in Gilbert. This used to be the annual fall Tobyhanna PA show until security measures post 9/11 forced the closing of the military bases to MV shows.

Lots of great vehicles, judging, trail rides, re-enactors and living history displays, etc. Also present are the MRCG (Military Radio Collectors Group) who set up and display (and operate) their WWII to present mil radios from all countries, very educational for the ham radio type people out there.

Have two spots reserved (sorry, no military vehicles of my own this year). Anyone else going?

Items I am bring to sell or trade are:

M37 spare tire carrier, complete with spinner
medium towbar
15 or so 5-gallon gas cans
M715 front bumper
misc. small M715 parts
misc small deuce parts
deuce pioneer tool kit boxes from WWII
GI cots, newer type
loads of surplus vehicle parts and general camping items I no longer need

Will take lots of pics and post here when done. Later!

jatonka

I'll be there by Thursday night, bringing the gull wing and a bunch of deuce stuff to sell. Clean air exhaust kits, power steering kit, gas fording kit, new seat covers, shear pins for deuce and for 5 ton front winch, heater installation plates, light bulbs, pioneer straps, gas can straps, and more. See you there, John Tennis

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone is bringing parts, I BADLY need a muffler for my M725 (same as M715). Used or new, as long as it's solid.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 3 each brand new. never been mounted Military 11x20's $125 each Will be bringing.. WIll take paypal if anyone here wants them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: MV show

I plan on it for fri and sat

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I made it to the show on Friday and stayed until Saturday afternoon. The weather was pretty good both days (rained Fri. night). The show grounds were real nice. There were many great vehicles, radio equipment and vendors selling a wide variety of stuff. I was able to meet with Dakota Fear, Maddawg308, Supermechanic and Jatonka! I saw Emmado22's pickup truck but never found him. It was real nice to meet the other SS members there. I appreciate all the hospitality shown by all. [thumbzup] Sorry I don't have any pictures to share, I sent my camera in for repair the day before the show! :oops:

jatonka

Reviving this old thread, Current year is 2011, at Redball Rally in Gilbert PA. Lots of Steel Soldiers here, even the Doghead Duck family, they're really enjoying the rain!!!!! Actually is a good show, towns of good deals here and one more full day to go. Looking forward to better weather for Saturday and meeting more Steel Soldiers. JT out.

SteveKuhn

I'll be getting there tomorrow a.m. I hope to meet some of the people whose names I've learned from the site. If you see a sorta limping bald guy with a grey beard and a ball cap, mebbe walking a Dobermann out of the back of a grey Econoline, it's prob'ly me. Hope you'll say 'Hi' and introduce yourself.

Steve

Whitey

Reviving this old thread, Current year is 2011, at Redball Rally in Gilbert PA. Lots of Steel Soldiers here, even the Doghead Duck family, they're really enjoying the rain!!!!! Actually is a good show, towns of good deals here and one more full day to go. Looking forward to better weather for Saturday and meeting more Steel Soldiers. JT out.
Agreed with John. Had a great time talkin with folks and findin what I needed. Met Hawkman for the first time and he is A+; brought the part I needed and learned alot from him while avoiding the rain. On that note, waterproof boots were a must, as was Gortex if you didn't want to get wet. However, the temp was nice so lots of folks braved it in T-shirts. Weather looks better for tomorrow, so enjoy the show!

Coal Cracker

It was nice to put a face to some names, Thanks Again Doghead for bringing along my parts I enjoyed talking to you, I'll also be back on Saturday, weather forecasters are saying it's going to clear and maybe even partly sunny.

HFDm715

I made the 100 mile trip up this am in my m715, dont know if anyone saw it in the vehicle display area. picked up a real nice original paint 69 dated jerry can. a pair of vietnam era pilots sunglasses, a yellow bridgeplate, and a couple other little things. saw a guy that had an original cargo cover for my 715, but didnt really have enough money to bargain. rain sucked but had a good time anyway.

Duane

1967 m715
1968 m101a1
1963 cj5
1952 m100
1945 gpw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks