• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International MV Roadside Help List

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not a new idea, but some of us from the mil-veh mailing list decided to revive and update this. "Sarge" sort of handed it off to me (or I was foolish enough to volunteer to host it)
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/mil/help/mvhelp.html
-and there are no annoying cookies or flashing ads!

This has been discussed here too, if I recall.

The original is here:
http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/mvhelp/

There's also an 'automatic' list of the kind, and a map, here:
http://www.frappr.com/militaryvehiclescollectors.

Anyway, perhaps the gurus of this fine establishment, in all their hackish wwwisdom, might be able to come up with a merge-n-purge of the two ideas, that is, a page wherein is a list to download as well as a map to zoom in on. -as well as something small and fast for those mobile souls with only a slow modem (like the page I put up).

Some people from mil-veh mentioned security of personal info. I suppose requiring registration would help that. It was also suggested to zip everything and put a password on the zipfile. The pass would only be given to the members of the list, and maybe here?

It's all open to suggestion and wild speculation. Brought on by Cranetruck's recent adventures. Thought it deserved a new topic.

SGT PJ

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patrick, the member locater map is in the works and its going to be cool. I'm guessing Mike probably could interface this with the map. We'll see!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is all good news! Right now I am able to update this every few days. It's up to 66 volunteers as of today and several people have sent in updated info. If you want to go ahead on the existing listing till the Staff has time to go further, please copy and fill out this 'form' and e-mail it to me (my address listed on here is good):
/////

Nation (country)

State/Province

County/region

City

Name

Telephone

Remarks (what you can do or offer etc.)

/////

Thanks,
Patrick J.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nation (country)
USA

State/Province
Maryland

County/region
Baltimore/ Washington

City
Parkville

Name
David Frankenhauser

david.frankenhauser@us.army.mil

Telephone
443-722-7954 Cell please call only if an emergency

Remarks (what you can do or offer etc.)
I have Arc, Gas and wirefeed welding/ mill and drill press,in home shop only many tools and diagnostic equipment. I can do limited recovery with the duece and have a couch in the basement if you are desparate. I was a truck mechanic years ago and do maintainance on all of our vehicles.

dstefanc

I will be picking up my duce from Ft.Meade maryland, I am coming from Ohio
I would like to find a shop to help- me check it over good before I drive it back to cincinnati ohio ABout 460 miles, I am thinking provide tools and some elbo help to remove the wheels and check brakes and wheel bearings , safety check, test drive, I am willing to pay a days charges for mechanic and a lift , I have inspected it briefly when it was in columbus before GL moved it on me.
I will be flying in on a cheap flight and will not be able to bring many tools.

any help appreciated $
Thanks
dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks