• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

carburetor needed

JDToumanian

Have you called Antelope Valley Equipment & Truck Parts yet? I don't know for sure if they have it, but they have a lot of WWII parts....

661-945-6788

Jon

paulfarber

If you have the proper air cleaner I would go with the 28AV11. Its a civvy carb, so that means that parts are widely available. The cast iron carb was military only, and parts/rebuild kits can be a bugger to find.

Unless you take your truck off road you will not encounter the issued that lead to the cast iron carb.

THE CARBURETOR SHOP / Carburetors for sale by application lists them for sale.. but I have no idea if the list is up to date.

68t

I got a nos zenith updraft carb. cast iron. with governer, not sure what it fits. if anyone need one.

paulfarber

If you can post the numbers off the ID disk that would be helpful.

Most zenith carbs are impossible to identify without the ID disk numbers.

paulfarber

The site does print 'No want ads' across every page.. every single one (in the 'notices' box).

Technically, isn't every question a 'want ad'? :lol:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site does print 'No want ads' across every page.. every single one (in the 'notices' box).

Technically, isn't every question a 'want ad'? :lol:
This form the rules page;
Do not post items For Sale or items Wanted in the forums.

this post isn't a question about a part , it's a ad , as DrGreg noted

paulfarber

OR compatible carb.

To me that's a question, which I answered.. but since the forum patrol may not have read that I will leave it as a homework assignment to find out what IS a compatible carb.

The original poster did not know.

Maybe if you gentlemen (used loosely) would contribute rather than complain (and they call me negative) we would learn something instead of trying to be some sort of weird mall cop on the internet..

So, back on topic.. what other 'compatible' carbs will fit a GMC 270?

RealCavDog

Guess we need a lesson on the difference between "want" and "need " !

And I may be wrong, but I never saw a question in the first posting ?

Or could it be that since someone had an answer, to a question unasked, it makes it right ?

paulfarber

I believe the question of 'or compatible carb' needs answered. I mentioned the 28AV11, but there are several of the 28AV series that will work with somewhat reduced power (smaller jets/venturi)

The Carter W-1 used on the Chevy will work (thats what my CCKW had on it). The air cleaner will fit the cast iron carb, also.

See that class.. we are learning! Whether you like it or not :)

Last edited:

robert c neth

Banned
this works for me ,i was looking for a carb for my cckw besides the one that is on their and now i have my answer.thanks to the question and the answer the search is over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks