• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where exactly do you guys find the hulls for these things...

linx310

You really don't see these things (the V-100) come up in auctions at all. Are most of these things surplussed range targets?

Last edited:

wgtactical

Just about all legal transfers usually take place between parties of privately owned V100s and folks with the money to buy them. There are a few places that has them listed from time to time, so they are available.

Now and then when items come up for sale from local agencies, there is a good chance that they were obtained on the 1033 program (which basically means the agency selling them does not own them) I've heard a few folks end up with equipment via auction that Uncle Sam shows up later to repossess :shock:

Last edited:

B3.3T

Additionally, these are 1960's era vehicles. They have been out of service since the 70's, so don't expect any to show up on GL.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
A lot of foreign countries bought them. Here are some retired hulls in Sudan.

I can't remember who sent me these. (possibly M813RC or Hellonwheels?). Maybe they were posted here.. Maybe thee guy in the picture can chime in...

3 Alvis Saladins can be seen in background.

Last year(?) I Google'd the resort shown on sign in background, found an address then took a look on Google Maps. I thought I found the resort but resolution is not good enough to resolve vehicles. These were really in the middle of nowhere. BTW the daily rates seemed very high for fancy huts in Africa.

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't remember who sent me these. (possibly M813RC or Hellonwheels?).
Guilty as charged!! :-D

All are early models with two forward vision blocks, and several are the very early square-wheel-well ones with one-piece rear doors.

Cheers

mightymanx

Additionally, these are 1960's era vehicles. They have been out of service since the 70's, so don't expect any to show up on GL.

The Marines on my base used them up untill 2003.

A PFC was killed during a roll over and that promped them to shift to some funky looking Brinks style armored with a open turret car for patrols.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks