• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Worth

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A guy up the street has a '51 M37. Body is good, hard top w/ cracked rear window, (oval glass), had a winch..but not now, xtra eng, trans. All the drive train is there, new windshield frame, no front glass installed, seats are junk, converted to 12v, missing hardware, no trans cover, wheel seals leak, brakes non-op and junk tires. only 1 ledgable data plate. The best offer he has had is $2800.00. It has a salvage title, says it runs, but no key. no evidence of H2O in the oil, but no coolant in the top tank. Input anyone?

xm708

price

will
that is top dollar he is asking for especially since it runs but doesn't have a key. just hot wire it I did that to my first one. I wouldn't touch it unless the price comes down. In my honest opinion I would leave it alone.

ed

Longhunter7

Worth?

WillWagner,

That sounds like a parts truck to me! Offer less if you are really interested.

The M37 doesn't have a key, never did! There is a small lever on the dash that turns the juice on and then you step on a small pedal just above the gas pedal to start the truck. :driver:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Worth?

Thanks for the advice guys. That's kinda along the same lines I was thinking. Too bad the electrics and mechanicals need so much re-militarizing, the body is in way good shape.

Longhunter7

Look Again?

WillWagner,

Don't give up yet! If the body is good, and the drivetrain is all there, it still could be a good truck.

If you have the time to put it back together, take a hard look at what is there.

The body sheet metal is getting hard to find. They stopped making M37's in 1968, and the drivetrain components aren't as hard to find.

Make a list of what is there and we can help you decide if it will work for you!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Look Again?

Its all there except for the trans cover in the cab. The undernieth has old dried mud caked on the backing plated and up inside the frame. I'll see if he'll let me take some pics. He said it was in service with an Az. Fire or Forestry dept. Kinda wierd that it would have a salvage title. That might make it hard to get insured. I think it would have to be an off the frame restore, that means time... 3 kids with 2 in sports, work and my wife is a nurse and works 12s and every other w-end...don't have alot of that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks