• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery hook up

I have a 1974 m151 that is not running. I assume it is 24 volt neg. ground. If that is correct how do I connect the two 12v batteries to do this. And also if I have to buy new batteries what size would I need? 24,27 etc.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use group 55. It is close to the original size. You will find two cables leading to the battery area. One is the chassis ground and the other leads to the starter switch. Hook the chassis ground cable to the negative post of one battery, then obtain a jumper to go from the positive of that battery to the negative of the second, and then hook the positive of the second battery to the cable leading to the starter switch. The two batteries hooked up this way, in "series", results in 24 volts being provided to the electrical system. Do not guess which cable is the negative chassis ground, because if you are wrong, you will instantly ruin a $250 alternator. Good luck and welcome to the site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks