• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing, cleaning and repairing light multiswitch

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice article! [thumbzup]

liljohn

Re: RE: Testing, cleaning and repairing light multiswitch

rmgill said:
what about adding a touch of dielectric grease to the contacts?
Well sure, if you wanna get all fancy-pants about it. ;) Heheh. Yeah that would probably be a good idea.

I didn't have any, though, and I figure the springs in there are pressing the contacts together well enough that I'm not to worried now. If I have to do it again I might.

EastCoastKaiser

RE: Re: RE: Testing, cleaning and repairing light multiswitc

Nicely written. I just recently replaced mine as I figured they couldn't be rebuilt. Good thing I saved the old one. I think I'll try repairing it and save it as a spare. Thanks.

Flatlander

Hey, I'd love to read the article, but can't seem to open or find it, including in the technical articles section...is it still there? What type of file is it? Thanks!

maxim

I have been into the wiring in a M-37 I have been rebuilding. Ok got all ready with meters and schematics and set to trace and verify the lines before buttoning them up. There was a very pretty, and functional appearing light switch that I cleaned and painted lovingly. Well after 2 days of not being able to get much in the voltage at the end-line I was getting frustrated. Finally took out the switch and in moments found it was NO GOOD. The blessing of a parts truck nearby and pulled ole' ugly light switch out and..presto...voltage. Even got high beam indicator and dash lights. I am no means done tracing lines but felllas, if you got light/voltage problems, check the switch. I still may do surgery on the faulty patient...

liljohn

Hey folks. Sorry it went missing. I haven't been around in a while - me and my deuce have been physically separated for a while (I was in OK, Deuce was in storage in MI). Anyway I'll try to dig it back up and get it fixed.

liljohn

Fooey. Well, long story short, I still have the file, but I can't get to it quite yet. I'm on leave right now, in the process of moving from Oklahoma to Japan via Michigan! :roll:

Anyway, the file is on the hard drive of my computer, which I packed in my luggage (didn't trust all the valuable data/pictures etc with the movers). So I have it here with me, but I gotta find the time to throw it in my mom's computer to get it back online.

Sorry, guys! I must have messed with it a while back when I was doing some site maintenance and not realized it! :oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks