• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

problem please help

I know it is not a MV but my problem is i have a 86 gmc s15 4x4 and the front calipers want release i have replaced both calipers and it still sticks can some one help please any ideas Thank you Kenneth

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
sounds lke the rubber line to the front deff is dyeing ,the inside is conming apart or soft, the brake pressure will push past on the applied stroke but the less pressure on return has trouble at the restriction, hope this helps

derby

I wonder if you have a sticking proportioning valve? Ron also has a good point on the rubber lines,are they original?

m35a2cowner

brakes

Try opening the bleeders, if they release calipers ok. Step on brakes again until they stick. Loosen master cylinder end of rubber hoses. If they release then the problem is in the lines. Repeat process while moving back towards the master cylinder. Chances are you can discover the problem with a bit of work without replacing a bunch of costly parts.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: brakes

Also consider a blocked compensation port on the master cylinder. Could have some funk in it or if you replaced the Master, the rod may need adjusted. If the cylinder in the master cylinder doesn't return all the way it can block that compensating port.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Notice that this thread is 5 years old.

Has anyone spoken to Kenneth lately? He hasn't logged on in a few months.

RealCavDog

Notice that this thread is 5 years old.

Has anyone spoken to Kenneth lately? He hasn't logged on in a few months.
:funny:

Well, at least it brings a very valid and still applicable subject back to the fore front, as it really is MV related and shows that folks ARE searching through quite a few forums and offering up help !

Is a bit disappointing thinking it's a truly new thread when you log in !

Pretty darn funny though ! Betting he did get it fixed, but it does make you wonder what happened and where folks go to sometimes !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks