• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemtt Rim Oring source???

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, folks, this is about to drive me nuts. Ordered the O rings from Erik's Surplus, wrong: too small cross section. Went to American Packing and Gasket, the largest O ring house in Houston, don't have them, have to custom manufacture them, none on ebay, none in classifieds, none at Myers Tire Supply, all threads I searched on SS are dead ends. I do not want to make this part using super glue. Where are you guys getting these??? Please, actual retail suppliers, not theories.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Myers tire supply, $2 each.

Monkeyboyarmy

I think the original manufacturer is Haltec. I talked to them about valve stems and also asked about o-rings. The number on the o-ring is OR20 if I remember correctly. They said it crossed to another number which I have at work. The orange o-ring is for low temperatures...probably silicone.I never ordered any yet though. I'll get the number tomorrow.

area52

I am taking a sample to the o-ring place here in town tomorrow, I will post the price they quote me and see if I can get a bulk order discount. I only need two or three myself.

my o- ring # is OR20 also.

ccequipment

You can get the orange ones in bulk from the wheel manufacture, like 1000 at a time, the smaller orings will work and seal up properly, I have used plenty of them without problems. I have them in stock

Monkeyboyarmy

So the OR20TUA's are .31 cross section and about 68.?? inches long. They said that Myers Tire Supply. Called them. They said that they don't deal with this company but have one that will work.....OR20JM at $1.60 each. This ring is only a .27 diameter cross section but obviously it works. They were going to check on getting the OR20TUA's and let me know. (was supposed to be in ten minutes). If I can't get the original ones,I would buy the OR20JM's.

rwh64

I bought a couple of O-rings that look to thin and I am afraid to try them. I would be interested in buying a couple of OEM rings if available. I will keep checking in here to see the progress. Thank you

emr

Actually u can find 2 for sure maybe 3 different diameter o rings for these 20 inch rims for the 5 ton, as for the Hemmitt i would not be surprised of different diameters also , depending on the manufacturer of the rim, i have put in 2 sizes of them in 5 ton rims i have worked on , And there are 3 sizes in the inventory of the shop here. so dont stock up on one size and thinks thats it, :)

Last edited:

R Racing

So Can anyone truely confirm that the .27 "O" rings work and seal ? This is going on a m920 that hauls decent size loads and a failure is the last thing I need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks