• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master Cylinder Question

It is safe to say I know nothing about Military vehicles, this is a learn as you go process. I just ended up with this Jeep and now I gotta hear it run. I have been trying to sell it but all the callers want a cheap rust free 40 yr. old vehicle. (good luck) I have been looking it over to see what the switches etc. work. It does have a cable that says Fording on it and it goes to a valve on the left side of the valve cover that I guess shuts off the venting for the crank case. Is that correct? Would the air cleaner have some type of extension out of the hood or is it all still under the hood? The more I look at it the better I like it. But I really do not need another project. I put the top on it to day now it really has a good look. But I guess it is missing the 2 side panels, The top is vinyl or rubber. I also need a photo of the dist. side of the engine so I can see the firing order or what the firing order is with # 1 location on the cap and dist. rotation.

Attachments

Emmett

Yep, the line is a VENT line. The cable goes to the PCV valve and is to be pulled thereby not allowing the crankcase to breathe and pressureising the engine to keep water out.
Looks like an A2. Fuel tank is vented too.
I suggest you get a manual for the vehicle as there are going to be a million questions that can be answered there.

199th mp

the pic does not show the air intake pipe extension or the exhaust pipe extension, but the A2 had a fording kit at some point. you have a vinyl top, but no visible side curtains or door assemblies. keep it and get the manuals like emmett said--you'll have a lot of fun with it, once you're comfortable with it.

Emmett

Do you have any experience with engines? If so, you do the same thing that you would with a civvy engine....#1 to compression stroke, take it to the little markie on the crank pully lining up with the little pointy thingie.
Open cap and look at rotor.....you just found #1.
I'm not meaning to be rude but I can only assume that you want to get it running so that you can sell it. That being said, you need the manual as sure enough you will next ask in what direction the rotor turns or how to adjust the brakes.

Most everyone here on SS is happy to help someone that is trying to get their new toy working. I, for one, feel like I'm wasting my time trying to help you sell your vehicle.

Purchase the manual, learn the vehicle and then you will probably be able to sell it eaiser.

Thats my 2cents.

199th mp

stand at the right front fender--look at the dist cap--#1 is closest to the valve cover and closest to the front of the vehicle--#2 is immediately to it's left--like so
#2 #1
rear #4 #3 front

199th mp

stand at the right front fender--look at the dist cap--#1 is closest to the valve cover and closest to the front of the vehicle--#2 is immediately to it's left--like so
#2 #1
rear #4 #3 front

nattieleather

The manual will give you boat loads of information in a simple to understand format that will help you work on the vehicle and get it running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks