• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200A1 2½-ton trailer frame dimensions?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was looking around for the dimensions of the bed area of a M200A1 2-1/2 ton trailer. I guess I need the distances between the four vertical mounting hoops on the top of the frame. Also the distance from the cross bar at the beginning of the A to the rear of the frame rails, and then the width of the frame rails at the outside. I am also curious how much gap the military designed between the tire and the fender(Looking for expected travel.)

Are these ok to tow with a M35?
Thanks

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/Two and a Half Ton.htm

area52

Builder77,

these trailers are designed to be pulled behind a M35A2. I have one coming home sometime soon hopefully and am planning on building a deck over bed for my rockcrawler. PM Hookin1, he has my trailer right now and can give you the dimensions you need.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was tossing around the the idea of mounting a S-280 shelter on one and turning one into a towable camper. It looks though that the frame would have to be lengthened about 20-30inches to the frame to make it support the full lenght of the shelter. I am guessing these are front heavy, so the extra length might not matter.

I need to stop looking for new projects...

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Width between frame rails 38" Width over outside of rails 43 1/2" Distance between vertical loops 82 1/2" Loops are 7/8" round stock, 5" overall width and 4" high Front loops are welded inside rails, distance between loops inside to inside 37" Rear loops are wider, inside to inside distance 43 1/2" Length cargo area from front crossbar to rear of frame rails 107", from front crossbar to rear of treadplate light guards on rear of frame rail 112" Inside diatance inner dual tire to opposite inner dual tire 48" Tire inside to frame rail distance about 2 1/4" There is an air tank mounted between the frame rails on the front such that it interferes with loading in between the rails. I demounted it and remounted it to hang down under the trailer frame to get it out of the way. Empty weights: On wheels 2178 On lunette 232 for total of 2410 empty weight Cross country weights 5000 payload 7410 total Highway weights 7000 payload 9410 total This is a very conservative rating. I have had over 8500 pounds on mune with spring sag of around 1 1/4 inch. VERY strong, very well built trailers. Lunette can be taken out of socket and reversed to allow for lower pintle hitch heights. I think I can put 10 to 12 thousand pounds on one with no problem. I intend to put a gravity wagon box on them to haul grain.
Regards Marti

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I missed the dimension that the tops of the tires project about 1 3/4 inches above the frame rails
Regards Marti

andytk5

I know this is ancient history but since you guys were talking M200A1 specs I need the lunette heigth when its siting level. I'm looking to pick one up and tow it with my pickup but dont want it tilting to the front. I need to buy/make a raised reciever with pintle. Best I can guess from the TM's is around 38" based off the TM frame height spec since the lunette is close to the same plane.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks