• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Conundrum

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been looking for a M52 for a couple of years, now I have found one almost in my backyard. The good part is the truck has been in inside storage as some museum excess up until a few years ago. The bad is they just wanted it for the external appearance so when the engine was found to be bad they just dropped in a deuce engine!!!! The guy also has a M127 to go along with it and wants $4K for the pair! The truck looks good but the engine was never used and isn't even hooked up to the air intake! I think a grand is good for the trailer and maybe a hundred or two for the generator trailer next to it(for the tires). But three grand for a really nice M52A2 with basically no motor seems too high?

Attachments

Last edited:

Armada

It all looks to be in nice solid condition. Any chance it's a 5t multifuel engine they put in the truck? I'm not an expert on how to tell the difference other than the starter location.

lacoda56

If it was a display piece, why did they bother changing engines? And why would you say it has no engine? Does it run? What do you plan to use it for? If it's just a toy, there's not really a whole lot of difference between the deuce and 5 ton engines. If the equipment is in good shape, I'd say $1500 would be closer on the 127, and unless they're giving away the gen trailer, you have to figure in a couple hundred for that. $4000 is too high for me, but it's a realistic price IMHO!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the engine that is now in it is in good shape, you can swap or sell it and get an original 5-ton engine. But first check which engine is really there, sounds like the person telling you the story or the people of the museum did not really know what they are doing or what really happened. If for display, a destroyed engine does not matter. If they wanted a usable vehicle, they must have tried to get an engine in that would fit and work. Maybe they abandoned the project half-way as too difficult. Regardless, get more details on it. I would try beat them down a few $$ and get the stuff anyway PROVIDED the rest is in good order. Getting a second hand engine should not be that difficult.

3dAngus

Is that a M200A1 gen trailer. My brother might just need that. Wonder what they want for it? (I saw the ones in the classified, not interested, but thanks)

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to try and make it back out there to take some more pics of the engine, the truck is in great condition, it even has a full pioneer tool set mounted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks