• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 still alive and well in Sai Gon

truck

I've seen quite a few still in use after all these years. The cong an use some (but mostly the M38A1) some people own M151s and there is at least one "tour" company using them as well as some repair and/or sales shop choc-full- of M151s on Ba Huyen Than Quan St in Dist. 3

See? they're just fine for decades of civilian use -without cutting them in half!

rdixiemiller

Someone in Saigon tries to sell them on E-Bay from time to time.......
Now wouldn't that be fun to try to import!! A US vehicle given to a friendly country, captured by the communists and then owned by an enemy country.......
Yeah. I want to bid on that!!!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I spent a total of 2 1/2 years in (south) Korea and traveled a lot. I went to several Royal Army of Korea (ROK) bases and it amazed me how much of our old equipment they had modified and were still using. They still have the old straight axle jeeps, the M-37s and the old deuces and 5 tons. They have upgraded the engine and drivelines but kept the bodies mostly original. I wish I had taken more pics.
I haven't been back since 94 so they may have upgraded to Korean vehicles now but at that time there were a lot of our "steel soldiers" on the road.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I know what you mean, Wreckerman. I was stationed at K2 (Taegu AB) in 1972/73 and most of the ROKAF vehicles were US vehicles which had been transferred to the Koreans as they were replaced by more modern vehicles in the US inventory. When we got M151s, they got our M38A1s to supplement their fleet of M38s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks