• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shop Day and get together

kennys@wi.rr.com

Last week I went and picked up a deuce for TBM-35, a member in KY. I will be working at getting his deuce all set and ready to go for him to come and pick it up on the weekend of July 8,9 and 10. If anyone is available in the SE WI area and would like to stop by for a shop day I think we could have some fun meeting new members and tinkering on our toys. I was thinking if we get together on the morning of the 9th and check the trucks over maybe swap a story or two and then do a convoy. I talked to Tony on the phone for a bit today and he would like to meet some other members and get some wheel time with his new deuce before the 550 mile back home. It will give him a chance to work out any of the gremlins that may still be lingering.

The next few weekends I will be working at getting his fluids changed and rebuilding the air pack. During that time if anyone feels like dropping by the offer is there. My shop is open to those in need or repair or bad conversation.

Let me know what you think.

3dAngus

Kennys, what a great idea. I wish you were closer, because I would love to come observe and learn from you guys. I don't mind getting dirty in the process.

I would love for someone in Ga. to have the same thing, where we can all get together and change out some filters and fluids. So much to learn here....

I can just imagine, there would be nothing like a cold beer when under a deuce. Sweeeetttt!![thumbzup]

toddm

Last week I went and picked up a deuce for TBM-35, a member in KY. I will be working at getting his deuce all set and ready to go for him to come and pick it up on the weekend of July 8,9 and 10. If anyone is available in the SE WI area and would like to stop by for a shop day I think we could have some fun meeting new members and tinkering on our toys. I was thinking if we get together on the morning of the 9th and check the trucks over maybe swap a story or two and then do a convoy. I talked to Tony on the phone for a bit today and he would like to meet some other members and get some wheel time with his new deuce before the 550 mile back home. It will give him a chance to work out any of the gremlins that may still be lingering.

The next few weekends I will be working at getting his fluids changed and rebuilding the air pack. During that time if anyone feels like dropping by the offer is there. My shop is open to those in need or repair or bad conversation.

Let me know what you think.
I should be able to make it on the 9th, my Deuce doesn't like sitting idle very long anyways.:grin:

91W350

I wish I could come and do the air pack, I would encourage you to look over my shoulder and keep me in line. This is one thing I have never done and would love the experience. You have a shop in Kansas too by chance.... Thanks for the offer though, I am one of those guys that would really enjoy it.

A beer would be fine, even though I seldom drink a couple of six packs a year and have been known to go ten years without one. Glen

kennys@wi.rr.com

I went to Brent's place(atvcat33) today and picked up a box full of parts for my deuce and the other deuce. I would encourage anyone who is coming and needs any parts to reach out to Brent so he can have the parts you need here and ready to go.

If anyone needs to work on their truck during the shop day please let me know what it is that you need to do. I have most of the tools we could possibly need but if there may be something special that we need and I want to make sure we are prepared. I will have the laptop available with most, if not all the TM's we could need, but again if I know who is coming with what I can be better prepared.

I have made the power bleeder for the brakes. It works very well and quick one man operation as well. If you need to bleed the brakes and need DOT 5, again contact Brent he has it the cheapest I have found locally so far. I have rebuilt the air pack for Tony's deuce that will be leaving for KY after our get together. I will be installing it tomorrow and bleeding the brakes at that time. However, I do intend to put a few miles on his deuce to work any other kinks out and then bleed the brakes off one more time on the shop day. So it will be a good time for everyone to see how well it works.

I'm open to suggestions for other topices or things to do on this day.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to see the power brake bleeder in action. I'm willing to lend a hand and be able to put a face with the names on this site.
Please provide an address and start time for July 9th.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Address is 1631 Arcadian Ave Waukesha, WI 53186. I am trying to get Google to fix the map as they have one of my driveways listed as Eugene Ct off Arcadian. I will try to explain without confusing too much. I am right off of Hwy 164/59. One the East side of the road Arcadian is Greenfield ave, the same Greenfield ave as in Milwaukee. On the South West corner of Arcadian, Greenfield and 164 is an Aldi, Golden Coral and then a BP gas station. On the South side of the gas station is Lincoln, not the same as the Milwaukee Lincoln. Lincoln is a dead end street, but it dead ends in my second driveway. Where I am it's oud door storage, a mulch company and my shop. Just follow the drive in and keep an eye to the right for the building with all the green iron.

I'm hoping to get a fairly early start on Saturday the 9th. I'm sure Tony(tbm-35) wants to take his new toy for a ride.

I will post a satalite pic and map later.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I put together a satalite map of the shop. The red arrow is my shop, the blue lines are the two driveways that can be used to get to the shop. If you are planning on coming please PM me and I will send you my number in case you need help being guided in. Also I can give the people at the mulch business a heads up as to how many vehicles we will have there so they can plan ahead for their deliveries. As the season moves along space gets tighter and tighter for them. Just trying to keep the peace here is all.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would love for someone in Ga. to have the same thing, where we can all get together and change out some filters and fluids. So much to learn here....
I'd be careful wishing for things.

They might happen!

kennys@wi.rr.com

Stock up on blue gloves and hand soap.

Funny you should mention that. I have a box of mediums that I got from somewhere and I just bought a box of large. So we will have everyone good and covered. Think we need a group picture of all of us in our blue gloves.

Yes Greg a little target practice sounds like a great idea for that day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks