• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M38A1 part# conversion list

farm48

Starting to restore a 53 A1, some years ago I saw on the internet a list that had modern part#s (such as napa) for this old jeep. I subsribe to Military Vehicles, and have bought M-37 and M-38A1 parts from many of the suppliers with excellent results, but it would be nice when in a bind, to just run down the street and pick up a bearing or seal or whatever. I do this now, but with some of the younger parts countermen it would sure be nice to go in armed with the correct part number! Thanks, Bob

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, I have one and before I go to the "G", I'd like to give you guys a shot.

I am trying to finish the brakes on my '55 M38A1 and the parts houses just can't get me the correct outer rear axle seal.... even when I tell 'em it's a CJ5.

This is the outer seal that sits in the stamped steel seal housing that sits flush against the backing plate.

Anyone have a National or CR #? Anything I can cross reference?

Also, I need a few of the brake adjusters. They are rusted up so bad they just won't budge.

Thanks

C

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks