• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SS cookout/trailride pics!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK, here are the pics from our little cookout.

First, thanks are in order. Thanks to:

Everyone for showing up rofl
Graham (gasser) for cooking, it was yummy
Zinlu's wfe for helping clean up
Ryan Gill and Ron for helping change out my dead batteries in short order
My Dad for all his help in setting it up
My Mom for the fresh onions and tomatoes

Extra special thanks to my friend Dave who offered up the use of some land hs boss owned for our trail ride. Thanks Dave! :beer:

Everything went pretty good, considering only a week's notice and planning. Had plenty of food and it seems a good time was had by all. We didn't park the trucks as tightly as we could have and Jwaller had to park his Deuce on the driveway....

Total trucks:

M35A2 w/w 3
M185/756 w/w 1
M819 1
M1008 1
M1009 1
W200 Crewcab 1 (ex-US Navy)

The trail ride was a last minute addition; a friend of mine offered the use of some land his boss owned. Unfortunately, he needed to be with us to have the ride and he had some prior commitments that took longer than he anticipated and we didn't get out from my place till about 1930. I was worried the night operations wouldn't be fun, or people would take off, but it actually made it more fun. It made easy trails more of a challenge.

We managed to get Ron's M819 stuck, too.

Here are the pics:

Attachments

It was awesome!! I'm still grinnin like a jackass eating briars. It was great to get to meet everyone and just hang out shootin the breeze. Today definitely beat out the afternoon a friend and I pulled the engine out of a car with a cutting torch and a Bobcat. We'll be shootin for Toccoa. Maybe I can get some Krylon before then and at least get the thing OD so I don't feel so out of place.

Thanks y'all!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
all i can say about getting stuck , i bet next time my front axle air switch will be in the ENGAGED prosition DA

jkelly66

Looks like a good time wish I could have made it glad to see you had a good turn out Clint the next time I will secure some days off for sure and too the deuce should be ready by then. Nice job on the pics just wants to make me say some dirty words to my job for making me work this weekend

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well again it appears that I have missed a good chance to meet the faithful. :(
This time it was due to my oldest son being here on leave. He just got back from Iraq and we were trying to do some family things. (when I mentioned the meeting the wife gave me that look)
I had high hopes for the Toccoa event (Oct. 14) until I checked the calender. That weekend is our Battle Assembly (formerly known as Drill Weekend) and I have to be there since we are taking our semi-annual PT (physical torture) test.
Curses......foiled again. :evil:
There seems to be some cosmic conspiracy to keep me from the "military vehicle support group". :shock:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i had a great time, meet a bunch fine people, looked at some nice trucks, the night time trail ride was a gas, thanks clint

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
wheres the video, kenny, if the towbar from hell fell off, i would have give up owership the second it hit the road

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Please, someone tell me I am not the only one who took pics!!!! I know Zinlu said he had a film camera, so until he gets the film developed and scanned, that's a no go, but I thought someone else had a camera?

jwaller

Thanks to clinto for hosting this fine event and getting a good crowd together. I just got home from the event/weekend/625 mile trip. only 2 problems to report. 1 oil leak devloped from the bottom of the IP and about 20miles from home I devloped a good size water leak. I think it's the hose piece between the oil filter cans and I'm going to get it apart tomorrow and find out.

thanks again had a blast and man what a long trip that was. Time to rest the hind end and go to work.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very cool guys!! It's great to see this site putting like-minded people together for fun and fellowship. Sure looks like fun. I enjoyed the pics too!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks