• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin AAR

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So Today I got off work, secured some parts for members in need and tore into my axles. I will be helping a member recover a deuce tomorrow and wanted the bearings greased and brakes free of grime. WOW, why do I subject my truck to these events? I have a single pic and it will be posted later as I don't even have enough energy to pick my nose, let alone find the camera and upload the pic. I am beat and I will post more later. Going to go die now.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You were in the drivers seat, obviously you didn't see the amount of mud you were running through :cookoo:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It shouldn't be that hard for you to do PM work on your truck, gimp. You perfected the ultimate maintenance position for the truck, makes it a lot easier to get underneath the truck and work on it! :)

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was in the passenger seat and I recall my right foot getting mud covered in the cab(firewall holes and side vent open).

I wonder how your wheelbearing and axles get so muddy...:cookoo:

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm no party pooper and I try to go on most of the trail rides at the GA Rally but there is a well founded reason I avoid mud like the plague. Brother Chris, welcome to my my level of genius.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, but look at all the fun you provide! And I can let my truck sit, while watching you get stuck!

I'm with Kenny, very anti-mud these days. Done enough of the cleaning/repacking. Let the newer deuce owners explore the capabilities of the trucks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes it all came apart and got cleaned individually. Its amazing how much crap just the brake pads will hold. Truck sure stops a LOT better now. I think its time to invest in some non-zipper boots. :evil:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So Today I got off work, secured some parts for members in need and tore into my axles. I will be helping a member recover a deuce tomorrow and wanted the bearings greased and brakes free of grime. WOW, why do I subject my truck to these events? I have a single pic and it will be posted later as I don't even have enough energy to pick my nose, let alone find the camera and upload the pic. I am beat and I will post more later. Going to go die now.
Ok, finally got a pic to load.
Gimp:
First off, glad you didn't up and die on us.

Thanks for uploading the pics.

Uh.... Yup.... Looks like you have a little GREASE & GRIME there, along with some LIQUID DIRT & MUD too. You mentioned picking your nose... Looks like some SNOT and BUGGERS in there as well.

Good luck on the recovery...

hdmax

I have seen pictures of Chris' truck taking a dirt nap a few times now, and for the life of me, I can not see how he was able to lay it on its side. No big hill, or hole, just pretty much level ground covered in lots of mud.
But if there is a way, gimpy will find it.

It shouldn't be that hard for you to do PM work on your truck, gimp. You perfected the ultimate maintenance position for the truck, makes it a lot easier to get underneath the truck and work on it! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks