• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fathers day Camouflage job

91W350

I am not so sure that will be too well accepted. I think you better send it on down to me and I will get it past the bad press and hate mail for you. I would hate for you to have to endure that...

Seriously though, I like it! Did you add a seat in the back or just more cab room? Glen

4x4e350

I am not so sure that will be too well accepted. I think you better send it on down to me and I will get it past the bad press and hate mail for you. I would hate for you to have to endure that...

Seriously though, I like it! Did you add a seat in the back or just more cab room? Glen
It's real different, so I don't expect everyone to like it, so I think I will be able to handle the bad press, thanks for the offer though:)
It has a seat in the back, even with cutting the rear crew cab down 12", there is still plenty of room.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's real different, so I don't expect everyone to like it, so I think I will be able to handle the bad press, thanks for the offer though:smile:
My honest opinion is, I don't care for the look of the 4 door cabs or custom style camo but I can fully appreciate the work and passion and creative mind that went into building it. I also appreciate that you post it here, otherwise I may have had to built one just to see what it would look like. Nice work.

4x4e350

My honest opinion is, I don't care for the look of the 4 door cabs or custom style camo but I can fully appreciate the work and passion and creative mind that went into building it. I also appreciate that you post it here, otherwise I may have had to built one just to see what it would look like. Nice work.
Thank you Doghead.
For me the crew cab was a necessity, I just could not fit comfortably in the cab. Plus now the room I have is awesome, the English Mastiff can ride in back with plenty of room.:)

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to say that is one cool lookin' 818[thumbzup][thumbzup]:grd:!!
The cab, the flatbed, the camo job. Now that's a job well done. Did the truck come with radials or did you get those later? Looking for a set myself.

Almost forgot...
Interior shots....nopics

Last edited:

4x4e350

So we going to get to see it in person this weekend?
Unfortunately, I can't, too much mechanical work needs to be done. I dont even have the seats bolted down yet, and I found a few leaking air lines last weekend. I've been doing the cab, and haven't found time to get the mechanicals striaghtened out, it's just not safe to be on the road yet.
I'm hoping the Clare show for sure.

4x4e350

I have to say that is one cool lookin' 818[thumbzup][thumbzup]:grd:!!
The cab, the flatbed, the camo job. Now that's a job well done. Did the truck come with radials or did you get those later? Looking for a set myself.

Almost forgot...
Interior shots....nopics
Thank you! The truck came with brand new Radials. I have been contemplating going to single 14.5 x 20's, but it's real hard giving up 11 new T831's.
Here's some interior shots, the rear seat is from a Wrangler, and so is the front driver seat, they will be getting green canvas seat covers.
You can see the green straps that hold the rear windows up, works real well. I used a SS members idea of using a belt with snaps, but this method is fully adjustable.

Attachments

4x4e350

Rather than starting a new thread, I figured I would just add to this one. Let me know if that is not the way to do it?
I few weeks ago, me and my son were on our way north, towing my camper with my E350, for a long weekend on the Ausable river. Needless to say, we never made it, and left tranny fluid all over US 127. I decided I needed a back up vehicle, so I added a hitch to the 5 ton. The fuel economy isn't all that good, but it sure does tow the camper nice.:)
And it really is a lot funner to go camping now, just takes a little longer to get there!:shock:

Attachments

4x4e350

Solar Maintaner.

I was walking thru Menards last weekend, and they had some 12V solar maintaners on sale, so I figured why couldn't I run these in series to get a 24V maintaner. These were designed to be attached to the windshield of a car, and then plugged into a cigarette lighter. I didn't want to have to attach these on the windshield, then run a wire to the batterys, so I figured I'd try this:
I had put a flag/ antenna pole on the 5 ton last weekend, for the 4th. This will have my radio and CB antenna on it, and also be able to attach a flag, when needed. I was going to put a cap on top of it, but figured, why not make an enclosure for the solar maintaners (I dont think they are water proof) and place them on top of the pole. Of course this is removable before driving the truck. I just made a Ghetto "NATO plug" out of the cigarette lighter plug, to plug it into the jumper.
I used a steel base, welded on rod to fit into the pole. Then welded a aluminum frame, and siliconed a Lexan cover over the solar cells. You can almost make them out in the close up. The frame is crooked, to allow water run off better.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks