• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calendar: Keep or Axe

mangus580

Should I bother to keep the calendar? Not many things get put on it, and its just one more load on the site that if nobody is going to use, why have? I dont mind keeping it... just start using it! :) Every registered member is allowed to add things to it. Honestly, I would like to see it stay, and have tons of events listed in it ;-)

Maybe someone wants to be 'Calendar King' and can put in all the things from MVM?

What do we think?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd scrap it. What else can be done in the area of speeding up the site?
Another thought, is there a reason we keep the old locked classifieds alive?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you keep the upcomming events? By the time I get to SS, I know what the date is...unless i'm on vacation, then I don't care!

JDToumanian

Hmmm. I voted to keep it, since I haven't noticed any issues with the site's speed, but I see that at this point, scrapping it seems to be leading in the polls.

Ya know, if you scrap EVERYTHING, the site will become infinitely fast! rofl

Jon

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like the idea behind it, but people have to take the time to actually post events if we are going to make it work. Me and the other Mods don't have time to go through Military Vehicles Mag, Supply Line etc... every month and post all the events. If something is coming up and you guys feel others would enjoy knowing about, post up! I do think it will become more important as the site grows and we have more SS sponsored events in the works. That way everyone from SS first-timers to the original members will know what's coming up in there area.

I vote to keep it.

mangus580

Well said Chris, that was the point I was trying to get across. I am not sure that it will make much noticiable difference. I have been just thinning out the things that are not used.... and this was one of them.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've looked at it, but never announced any events. I figure the leaders of the events announce them. I always figured the calendar is good for trying to plan trips to events. The usefulness of it looks more for those who have not subscribed to MVM or MVPA and don't get notices of big events in those magazines, and for small events that might not get listed on the mags.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, if Chris votes to keep the calendar, lets start using it. After all, he is the "Forum Dictator"

NB1944

SS
I looked at the calendar to see what's up... didn't see much, but then again it's early in the season and your site is more forum and less club/activity. I like the way it's set up... easy to use and can allow one of pull info quickly without having to dive into other parts of the site that may not be of interest to the viewer. I think its cool how this works. I would keep it, but try to develop it a bit more.

I assume it can be time-consuming and therefore something to dump if no one uses it, but I would keep it. Is it complicated?

tamangel

I'm for it!...its only going to be successful if people put events up.. Its a good clearing house so you don't have to search posts for the basic location/date... you could miss an event if you were gone for a day or two when it was discussed in a forum thread. Nice to be able to look in one place.. It could be great, but again, people need to do the legwork and post..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks