• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2007

mangus580

Here we go again :D

Ok, here is the deal. I am going to try and assemble an SS area for Aberdeen this year. I have already spoken with a gentleman at WAC/B&G MVT about getting a large block of spaces together. My theory is, that you guys can tell me how many each of you want, I will get them reserved and collect the funds. I am hoping that our area will border what they setup as the vehicle display area, so that we can use that as the overflow. I also intend to get some spaces to set up maybe a GP Medium as our camp HQ. Each space is 18' x 18'. This means, if you plan on parking a deuce, you will need 2 of them :) Last years pricing on the spaces was $40 each. They have not yet posted this years price, but I dont figure it will be much, if any more. This price includes the entire time of the Rally.

So lets get a count going, I would prefer to only count people that are better than say 75% sure they will be need space.

Hoping to report back to WAC/B&G MVT with a reasonable count by the end of next week.

I think we are gonna be BIG this year :)

CGarbee

I will be reserving my usual spaces over on the back row (can't remember the space numbers, but I was as close to the trees as I could get) not far from the vehicle display area... I have this deal with a bunch of NCMVPA/East Coast Convoy Yellow Serial (Southern) buddies where we all hang out together... That said, the rest of you need to drop by our area very often as we tend to pass out a bunch of food and drinks all weekend long to our friends...

For those of you who aren't already hooked up with somebody, getting together in a Steelsoldiers area is a great idea. That way, we not only know where to find everybody, but you get the added bonus of having friends to watch your stuff when you are out and about looking at stuff (and help carying said stuff back to your area...).

Speaking of which, I suspect that I will haul my M274A5 up next year so that we can haul stuff around. I got tired of humping stuff over to my truck last year even though I had a hand cart...

mangus580

Cabell..... You can include all of them in our spot if you want (after all, I think half of them if not more are members anwyay!!)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, when you speak with Tony or whoever your speaking with, see if he can set us up in the same row as Cabell and his gang or right across in rows S&R. He stays in the yellow section rows U3 ,4 5 & 6 and T7,8,9 & 10. Might vary a few spots. Of course all of this will go out the window if they change venues.

mangus580

Kenny, once i get a tally, I will see what Tony can do.

BTW, they arent going to change venues for 2007.... 2008 maybe.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many miles Rich? I'm at 1100 one way. Wish I could find a source for WVO to offset the fueling costs.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Count me in - I'll be in for at least 2 spaces, I guess that's $80 total. Me and my buddy will be driving up in an M880 and my M725, perhaps a trailer in tow. If anyone needs to borrow a tent, I have another friend with a GP Medium that he is willing to loan.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only problem is that the "last years occupant" of the space gets first crack if they want the same sapce for next year. That list is usually done in Jan/Feb. Until that comes out with, I wouldnt do tons of planning..
I'll be in the same spots as last year....

Sounds like it would be a good idea to stay at the hotel right there.. No parking worries.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is true Mark and a large factor. Even if we don't get a big block, I have no problem in having multiple places to hang out.

CGarbee

Re: RE: Aberdeen 2007

emmado22 said:
The only problem is that the "last years occupant" of the space gets first crack if they want the same sapce for next year. That list is usually done in Jan/Feb. Until that comes out with, I wouldnt do tons of planning..
I'll be in the same spots as last year....
Which is why my group hangs out in the same spot every year (that and the fact that we have one guy who needs the extra width afforded by having the end spot -pays extra). Of course, we also like being on the back row...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am going to do everything in my human power to do Aberdeen this year (with my deuce). I plan on taking part in the Convoy as well. I am stocking away $20 here and there for fuel costs (700 miles 1 way for me) and I am trying to take care of all the small issues on the truck so I am not scrambling at the last minute (tires, ft. axle boots, leaks, maintenance, etc.).

I have a window unit air conditioner, just need a generator rofl rofl

Not sure if I am gonna get a room or rough it……

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Count me in for this year. It'll be a fun trip in the Mog :D That will be great if we can at least get a block of say 10 spaces so we can have a big presence for SS recruitment.

Westech

CPL
kenny its about 1000 one way for me. I have been saving all the ATF I can get my hands on. I have been burning 75% ATF all summer and it runs great! just smokes a bit more. I have saved about 30 gallons so far so if I keep it up I should have a 150 or so for the trip.

AMGeneral

Count me in!!I'll be on the back row with the rest of the MCMVPA crowd.I'll have either the 816 or the Deuce with the 105(camper)+ 4 wheeler and trailer(for parts running duties).

devilman96

Im going... come hell or high water... Worked to damn hard not to do a little show and tell and I can fit mine in one spot!!!

Kenny... lol... forgot... come get your 100 gals of WVO!!! (im leavin him no excuses)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, your truck will fit in one spot for sure. Problem is, nobody driving a deuce will be able to keep up with yours after you get that big rubber on it. You seriously have that much WVO?

mangus580

Ok guys.... we got way off my topic here. What I need to know is how many spots does each person want me to reserve, if they are going to participate????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks