• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cab heater and Exhaust Brakes

red devils dude

hello chaps
today I want looking for two things, 1. A cab heater, 2. A exhaust brake
the military hot water cab heater would be nice but looks a bit pricey and hard to find
joe young is first on my list to email about a heater plus there is the flex-a-lite Mojave Heater
have a look at it http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/mojave-heater.html
Then I have the Exhaust Brake for wich I found blue ox hear is a link http://www.brakesystemsinc.com/blueox.html
and I think that is all enjoy.

Dieselsmoke

I'd go with a B-D or a Pac inline brake, just my opinino though as I have not had any experince with the Blue Ox brakes. we've never had a lick of trouble with BD or Pac.

Monster Man

I believe Blue Ox used to be Brake Systems Inc., they also do Williams products- air shifters, throttle stuff and the like. In any case, they're not really a "new" line, just a new name for the brakes. Saw a writeup in Military Vehicles Magazine about it
The heater is a good option, BUT, I doubt it is 24v. That isn't a huge problem, you can get a step down, but you probably don't want to hook it up to just one battery. Other than hooking up power to the blower you would just need to run some hoses back to the firewall, and I presume the outlet/inlet will go through the firewall under the dash, like on a standard pickup. Looks like a good little unit

n3uka

I ordered a heater kit today from Jay at Saturn Surplus. He explained it came with all items including the radiator cover.
The only piece needed is an L or mounting bracket under the hood for the heater box.

He said he only had 4 or 5 complete kits left so you might want to hurry.

Now to find out how hard it is to install.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few images of my exhaust brake installation:<http://imageevent.com/cranetruck/m35exhaustbrake>
Driving on the interstate highways with a total GVW of up to 24,000 lb has not required the use of the exhaust brake. Typically coming down from Virginia on I-77 to North Carolina I was able to run at about 50 mph in 5th gear and not touch the brakes (service) more than a few times. The engine has enough braking power to handle the braking. The exhaust brake will permit a higher speed of decent when driving on steeper "regular" highways however.
Remember that driveline braking is not safe when traction is questionable. Be careful with "pinion " brakes. They too operate via the differentials.

Monster Man

your avatar looked very familiar- yup I thought, that's Bjorn! welcome to the board, great to have you here!

I've been following your MVM artciles for a while now, great work :yeah:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks