• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia SS meet at Bjorn's this Fall

Adamlee

Well, here I am posting a note on the possible meet of VA members at Bjorn's this fall. We were thinking sometime b/w Halloween and Thanksgiving?

VA members, what do you think?

We could have a campout/picnic/cookout and such, maybe even bring stuff to trade/swap....

I am learning new culinary things all the time with Christine, I will be planning on a special food thing to bring for all...as well as camping gear....

let's hear what you think!

Adam Lee

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Virginia SS meet at Bjorn

I'm in if the schedule will allow. The fall is kinda tough for us with going back to WV for WVU homegames, deer huntin, family gatherings, etc... It sounds like a lot of fun though. It'll be a long ride across the state in the Mog :( Might have to haul it.

Adamlee

Convoy idea.....

M215, that is a great idea....you are in Spotsy county? where exactly? I used to live in Chancellorsville, on Ely's Ford Road.

I would certainly be into the idea of convoying down to Bjorn's, if indeed this get-together materializes....we could make sure we had spare tow bars etc for all eventualities, and so on....

I'd be leaving thru Fauquier county, coming down 17, and could "link up" somewhere in Spotsy/F'burg area.....I like it!

CGarbee

Re: RE: Convoy idea.....

Opie said:
If we can avoid the weekend of November 11, I'd love to come by!
ditto... I've agree to have four of my trucks in the Raleigh Veteran's Day parade on Nov. 11th...

Adamlee

Re: RE: Convoy idea.....

Elwenil said:
So what dates are we looking at specifically guys? Any ideas? What works best for whom?
If the thought is to convoy from "locations as yet to be determined" to Meadows of Dan, I agree that we should start thinking about specific dates; let's say - rule out Veteran's Day/weekend - Nov 10-13th; also rule out Thanksgiving weekend Nov 23-27th (lotsa long weekend travelers)...

how about weekend of Nov 3/4/5th as a possibility? that would be the weekend prior to Veteran's Day...

that would be 4 weekends away (I think!) counting this coming weekend.

other thoughts? sooner? later? must wear tuxedos? cummerbunds? secret handshakes? 8)

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Convoy idea.....

Any chance of the weekend OCT the 27-29? I have a 2-week vaction/road trip coming up, but have to be back at work in Texas on Monday NOV 6. Not exactly a VA member.

Dont' worry about it though if that date is inconvenient. The way I drive and like to stop off at places it'll take 4 days to get there!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Is this a dead issue or are there still plans or did I miss it? I would try to make it down from Parkville but most likely would be in the M1009 not the M35.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

You can include me here in Meadows of Dan, just about at any time. Plenty of space here, I would only ask for a day's notice or so.
Weather is a big factor and at ele 3,000 ft, it's colder and windier here most of the time.
I'm over 300 miles from the coast, though....

Adamlee

Re: Convoy idea.....

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Is this a dead issue or are there still plans or did I miss it?
Not a dead issue, I'm sure Bjorn would welcome an MV visitor with prior notice.

After initiating this thread, I got bogged down in various life issues including new job and moving, so I'm on an "undefined" timetable.

But more power to ya if you can make it...I'm interested not only in Bjorn's charming nature :lol: but also investigating his biodiesel production and the "new" XM 757.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: Convoy idea.....

I work in Northern Va maybe we can meet for lunch sometime and discuss this and other MV topics. I think the trip would be great fun especially if I can bring any of my older children who love Mv's It would almost have to be a weekend deal as I am fully employed week days. Let me know if this sounds good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks