• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another what is it

krall

ok not only what is is, but the guy says is that the cap is original to the jeep, if that is tru now I dont know much, but I am sure its a harder to find item, if its real my question is how would I tell?? is it even possible to be real did they make a cap back then for this, oh yeah he said its a 1947 and has a title saying the same, i know the paint job is horrible but i plan to get some wwii od green (message me if you got any your willing to part with)

Attachments

krall

no no I don't own it, I was looking into it so this is me doing my homework, thanks for the headlight thing now that I look at it it makes sence, could that have been just a replacment that they pulled from a civi?
and again with the cap, did they have them for this old of a jeep?

Chief_919

no no I don't own it, I was looking into it so this is me doing my homework, thanks for the headlight thing now that I look at it it makes sence, could that have been just a replacment that they pulled from a civi?
and again with the cap, did they have them for this old of a jeep?
There were old hardtops, really not that rare.

There were no military Jeeps produced in 47, that is abother clue. Production of the MB and GPW ended in 1945 with the end of WWII, and the military kept using WWII stocks until Korea broke out in 1950, then they purchased the M-38.

Also the gas tank filler is on the side, so it is not a WWII jeep, and it has a small civy style cap, so it isn't an M38. Also no battery box on the cowl, so defintly not an M38.

Bigger/better pics would help, as well as one of the dash. If the windshield frame or the side of the hood say 'WILLYS" on them that is another clue it is a civy jeep/

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks