• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

saw a cckw yesterday, or whats left.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice, not a CCKW though.----Upon looking further, I was thinking it was a W300 Power Wagon. The front fenders aren't contoured right for that. Now I'm not sure.

Last edited:

paulfarber

Well the owner of the truck said it was a '42 6x6, gonna guess he probably knows what he had....
The front glass is to vertical for it to be a closed cab. The CCKW and the earlier CCW were based mostly on civvy trucks.

Maybe a US6? An REO? There were 6x6's a plenty in WWII.

Wolf.Dose

For me there is not much left of the original truck. The cab looks like a B2PW126 of 1950, the front fenders are pressed down to make space for the exhaust. The cargo body sides also look like the Power Wagon side panels of the 50's. So may be a W300M on a truck frame of a 6x6 shortend to fit the body.
Definately something home made from different parts. Therfore for European understanding (except Britain) something new, regardless how old the parts are.
Wolf

Jeff Lakaszcyck

It's hard to say that anything is "original" on a custom built puller like this truck. But that is a GM cab, the same one that both Chevrolet and GMC used from 1939 to '47 or so. So if the owner says it is a '42 CCKW it's entirely possible that's where the cab came from. But everything else looks custom made, including the frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks