• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possible IJN Pilot Skull Found at Pearl

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
read that this morning, the job is shut down and don't know when it will start up because of this, if in fact a jap skull, throw it in the trash and get back to making money for the workers

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
read that this morning, the job is shut down and don't know when it will start up because of this, if in fact a jap skull, throw it in the trash and get back to making money for the workers
So Ron, if it was an American skull found in one of the Japenese territories would you want them to do the same???

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
being thay attacked us and what thay did to our troops, my jap thoughts ARE NOT in the top 100, and as to your question, no doubt in my mind thay DID

Guess I am not a very PC person

Last edited:

Flyingvan911

I say return it if it is Japanese. What the Japanese did was wrong but it was a long time ago. Hopefully we can all learn from the past for a more peaceful future. He was a soldier following orders. Even our country has made some big mistakes in its military history.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I say return it if it is Japanese. What the Japanese did was wrong but it was a long time ago. Hopefully we can all learn from the past for a more peaceful future. He was a soldier following orders. Even our country has made some big mistakes in its military history.
NOT a SNEAK ATTACK while talking peace, or DELIBERATE UNSPEAKABLE TOTURE to surrendered troops, TIME will NEVER HEAL this.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ebay? LOL. If it.is in fact one of the Japanese aviators, return the remains to Japan. Whatever they do, need to get back to work post haste.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sadly disheartened by some of the comments shared in this thread.

With all due respect ladies and gentlemen, and ALL jokes aside, the topic of this thread concerns the earthly remains of a warrior who died in combat.

As such, I recommend that you visit this thread with the same solemn respect that you would visit a Veterans Cemetery on US soil or on the soil of ANY nation with whom WE ARE NOW ALLIES. The American people would be highly offended if a foriegn visitor was disrespectful to even one of our fallen warriors, even if found long after a conflict was closed. Therefore I expect my brothers in this forum to be equally respectful when the any remains from a war LONG OVER is discovered.

Our Nation, the greatest and most humane nation on this planet Earth has assigned THE BEST forecnsics investigators to this discovery. I quote from the OP's linked article:

"The skull is being analyzed at the Joint Prisoners of War, Missing in Action Accounting Command center in Hawaii, according to the reports."

Therefore, in patriotism to this Nation, and respect for the citizens and VETERANS of our ALLY, Japan, whose present day warriors had BOOTS ON THE GROUND along side our men and women in the Middle East, and are presently a strong naval presence in the War Against the Pirates off the cost of Africa, I ask.... NO, I DEMAND that if you don't have something good to say here, then just keep it to yourself, and while you are BITING YOUR TONGUE, THINK about what you are saying and to whom you are speaking. (The internet has a Worldwide Audience - in case you haven't been out of your foxhole to notice.)

It is high time that you represent your country in this world TODAY as though we are worthy of the repsect of the rest of this world.

You may not like what I have to say, but, quite frankly, I DON"T CARE.

You are AMERICANS...... Start ACTING LIKE IT.

2cents

[edit> added....]
BTW - If my rant has prompted anyone to reconsider what was previously, thoughtlessly posted, you are welcome to explore the use of the EDIT button and the ability to DELETE a post if you so elect.

It's time to MAN-UP and rethink some things here.

Last edited:

lonegunman

66 years of trouble free relations with Japan. If returning the remains of one of their's keeps things quiet, let's do it. If we have this much quiet time from Iraq, we got our monies worth.

Now get back to work, they are not sitting on their butts for free.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too am saddened by some of the comments on this thread.

My Sister-in-law is Okinawan and she gave me a beautiful niece. Would I fight to protect them? You betcha.

It isn't the same Japan that attacked us and I sure don't hold today's people responsible for the actions of the past. Just remember, we don't have clean hands in our past either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks