• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

bridge truck wheels

texas-5-ton

How much trouble is it to swap wheels and tires from a 5 ton bridge truck to a M813? Seems like somebody said that there are some "spacers" or something that has to be swapped. Is this easily done?? Thanks..

derby

Do you plan on driving this truck on city streets? yes, you need the spacers to clear the spring pack and front steering components.you will be about 9'-3" wide,how wide is your bed? I think super singles would be your best bet.

texas-5-ton

yes, vehicle will be driven on city streets. I am not sure but i think the bed is 8' wide. I believe that there is another member on here that has the 14"s on his truck..
chad :driver:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plan on being around 110" in width. The Bridge trucks are 114" but you have the skinny bed compared to them.

derby

You can run the 14.00's as a single (with the right rims) but if you dual them up you will be over width. it's dark now ,I will try to get some pic's tomorrow of my bridge truck from the rear.with an 8' bed your tires will stick out about 7" beyond the bed.great for awesome rooster tails.

eddiec

i can get a pic of some 5 ton cargo trucks w the 1400 duals on them. old gassers, straight from the military that way. will be 2 weeks, but i'll get some pics, and the id tag if you need.

derby

Having trouble with getting pic's to site.if you are going to run the 14.00 ,you will need the axle spacers ,longer studs and a good repore with the local DOT officer.the larger tires will eat up a little HP. how large of water tank are you going use?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks