• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mule hauling question

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An M101 bed is far from ideal, but will work.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tires on the mule will not fit between the fenders of the M101 bed. The rear tires will start up and over them while the front tires are still on your ramps(danger). You will only have a couple inches of either tire on the fenders as you back over them, if your centered just right. Also, a short block under the front tires helps you close the tailgate without it rubbing under the mule steering box and towbar attachment point.

ralbelt

:ditto: on the the Ramps also tractor supply, power eq. shops. They are the same ones used to load lawn tractors. As Doghead suggested a winch. We use one of the $50.00 HF remote controled ones, once you get a good one it works well but went thru 5 to finally get a good one. Luckly HF is only 10 min away.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you used a winch to load(great idea for controllability and personal safety), it would need to be mounted outside of the bed area or on the floor as there is no extra room lengthwise.

Kenny mentioned the winch idea, not me!

rickf

Or you could mount the winch on the floor in the front and run the cable under the mule and hook to the front. This would also help get the wheels over the wheel hump because you would be pulling back but not down as if tied to the rear.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks