• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MY M1114 PICS

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool pics of the real McCoy there. Anytime you want to post pics from the sand box, please do.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
COOL pics! Wish you well and safe. Thanks alot! [thumbzup]

dilvoy

JAsher45, WOW! that's some real nice supplimental armor. How are the Turbo engines and the 4L80E tranny's holding up in the heavy Humvees? Stay Safe, George

JAsher45

The turbo engines are a gift from the gods on these true M1114 and the tranny holds well due to the gear ratio changes in the hubs. It is very heavy and you can feel it behind the wheel. Even with all the suspension upgrades the design needs to be improved. Thay are trying to keep the ride height the same but with doing that the center of gravity has risen sharply. i think that a roll stablizer front and rear wouild help greatly. the only other improvment i could see on the 6.5 is to have a varible trubo so it will spool up faster. that is about that only thing i could see. We are currently working on a truck that we are building out of parts from DRMO and looking to put a 5.9 cummins in it I will post pics when we set the engine in.

dilvoy

JAsher45, You'll like the power that the Cummins has. It's a tall engine compared to the Detroits. Are you doing a body lift? I wanted to do that conversion too, but chose to install the turbo 6.5 and 4L80E trans into my M998. I figured that I could buy most of the parts which has been basically true. I finally gave up on finding a surplus A2 main body wire harness and ordered a new one for big bucks. The turbo controller was a problem, as the unit is different on the military Turbo models as it isen't vacuum operated and it is not listed in the TM's. I did find Predator Motorsports that has a manually adjustible controller. This might make your Turbo trucks perk up, as the Military unit is probably not adjustible. Then you could turn up the injector pump 1/6 of a turn and really haul ass. Above 1/6 of a turn of the fuel screw and you may start melting pistons. I have finally gathered up the 8 groove serpentine pulleys, all good used and support plate, so now I only have to make the spacer between the harmonic balancer and the crankshaft pulley, to finish off the engine. The last major piece that I know nothing about is the M1114 Radiator. It does have a different part number than the previous Radiators. Do you know if it is infact different, with larger tanks or core, or is it just the latest version of the "HMMWV" radiator? George

ElkyRacer

Yea, bringing up an old post, just finally registered!

dilvoy said:
The last major piece that I know nothing about is the M1114 Radiator. It does have a different part number than the previous Radiators. Do you know if it is infact different, with larger tanks or core, or is it just the latest version of the "HMMWV" radiator? George
George, the radiator and oil cooler on the 1113 and 1114 are much bigger, they are longer requiring a diffrent fan shroud, as well as front frame extensions and extended radiator mount. Engine oil, transmission oil, and power steering oil coolers are all combined into one unit. Dont forget the right fan! Another diffrence between those and the A1s is differential gearing. A1s have 2.73 or so, while the 1113/1114 have 3.08. Makes a pretty big diffrence. I work refurbishing these units here in the states everyday so if you need to know something dont be afraid to ask!

Kyle

Panchotheking

Yea, bringing up an old post, just finally registered!

George, the radiator and oil cooler on the 1113 and 1114 are much bigger, they are longer requiring a diffrent fan shroud, as well as front frame extensions and extended radiator mount. Engine oil, transmission oil, and power steering oil coolers are all combined into one unit. Dont forget the right fan! Another diffrence between those and the A1s is differential gearing. A1s have 2.73 or so, while the 1113/1114 have 3.08. Makes a pretty big diffrence. I work refurbishing these units here in the states everyday so if you need to know something dont be afraid to ask!

Kyle
I have some question about getting mine to actually start. It cranks and has fuel but wont start

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some question about getting mine to actually start. It cranks and has fuel but wont start
Wow. Let’s do the timewarp. I’m expecting Tim Curry and Meatloaf to make appearances. 1.5 decades old thread brought back to life like a Halloween Zombie.

OP last seen 2012. ElkyRacer last seen 2016.

You need to search as this is a super common topic. It could be anything from blocked one way valves to water in the fuel to a bad lift pump to a bad injection pump to air in the lines to bad glow plugs.

You need to give us more info to work on.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the SS forums, if you have multiple issues with your new truck you should start a thread, something like "getting my XXXX sorted out" then we can take them one thing at a time, asking for RWH number without any background or invitation is unreasonable, he offered the help to someone else. (EDIT, different thread you jumped into)
As TOBASH said this is a VERY common issue but there are plenty of folks here that will help you, it is not polite to hijack other members posts, although we all seem to do it from time to time.
SO start that thread and we will get started helping you.
Also download the TMs that are available and start learning how to use them, this will make your journey much easier for you, and us.

Panchotheking

Wow. Let’s do the timewarp. I’m expecting Tim Curry and Meatloaf to make appearances. 1.5 decades old thread brought back to life like a Halloween Zombie.

OP last seen 2012. ElkyRacer last seen 2016.

You need to search as this is a super common topic. It could be anything from blocked one way valves to water in the fuel to a bad lift pump to a bad injection pump to air in the lines to bad glow plugs.

You need to give us more info to work on.
Hahaha i figured it out. It was a lose connection at the injector pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks